Some Firsts!

Thread: Some Firsts!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultSome Firsts!

I have notcied over the last several weeks that Tal's recall has gotten noticeably better. Today for instance my neighbor across the way came over and Tal wanted to go to him but I called his name, he stopped, looked and came to me. That wasnt' the first instance of it either. I know he doesn't have full recall yet but he is definitely paying more attention to me now than ever before.

As I am on this I left and went to the kitchen to get some coffee. Tal is on my bed. Usually he follows me to the kitchen which is ok but I am coming right back. Well, tonight he stayed in the bed...and I know he is tired but nowhere near like a day at daycare. He did watch the door and when I got back into the room he lay his head back down and dozed off again.

And last we went on a fairly long walk tonight. I love this pinch collar. When he would pull in the slightest I will shift direction on him...in fact if he diverts his attention away from me I always change course and get it back. He is doing much better with the heel and keeping himself in that travel mode as Cesar says. I am sooo proud of him!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Some Firsts!

Awwwww, good boy Tal! It is a joy when they grow up and start behaving!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Some Firsts!

Quote Originally Posted by Belles mom
    Awwwww, good boy Tal! It is a joy when they grow up and start behaving!
    Yeah it is, definitely! I will enroll us in the leash class in April.The instructor said that when you are sure he is bertain how to behave on leash to start weaning him off theprong collar to the regular flat one. That is my goal because I would eventually like to get involved with him as a therapy dog.