For those of you with more than 1 Lab
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those of you with more than 1 Lab

DefaultFor those of you with more than 1 Lab

How big is your house? We aren't planning on adding another puppy right now, but may do so in the future (another 1 - 2 years)...

Our house is pretty small - although we have a great big yard.

Just wondering what those with multiple dogs felt as far as house size. I should also add that we have 2 children - so there are 4 people living in our house already.

TIA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: For those of you with more than 1 Lab

I have 6 Labs in a 1500 sq. foot house along with 2 people. If you want another dog I wouldn't let the size of the house stop you.

Laura

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

5 adults (parents and 3 big boys) and 3 dogs in 2400 sq.ft. It's never felt crowded. Now that only one son is home, my husband thinks we need a puppy! I agree with what labby said!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Great thread Ourfamily. We have discussed getting a second one too. I don't doubt that our 1500 sqft. split level is big enough, I only wonder where to put another crate. That and the need for a larger bed since I am sure we would end up with both of them in ours. ;D

I would like to know if those with more than one have had problems with crating one while the other is free? Kody will be 6 in April and has free roam of the house now while we are out. I would really like to adopt a lab from rescue who is around 2 or 3 years old but am unsure of how they would get along if the new one was crated.

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

I agree with Labby. We have a very large home, but it really doesn't matter because they are always where we are. We spend pretty much all of our time together in the den.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

momof3inbc Guest

WE have 5 of us (2 adults, 3 kids) and 2 dogs, 1 cat (with a kitten on the way in May). We live in 3000 sq ft house with a very small backyard (but walking distance to 5 parks and multiple trails).

We moved from a 1530 sq ft townhouse so we think we are living in the land of space right now.... I agree that the size of your place doesnt matter....I think what matters is the size of your HEART!

georgie is offline Senior Member

We have a 2400 ft. split level but the girls are with us no matter what room we are in. It doesn't matter the size of your house, what matters is the love & attention you give them. They just want to be with their people.

As far as crating one. Molly is 4 years old & has run of the house. Abby is 1 year & can not really be trusted when we are at work. So she stays in her crate in the family room & Molly is upstairs. I keep the door closed to the family room & I have not had any problems. They both sleep in our bed...good thing it is a king!!
    I love having two labs.

We live in a 900 sq foot semi detached and we have 6 people plus 2 dogs. We have no problem at all!!! And I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!

I have 2 labs in a 1400 square foot house without any problems. I also have a big backyard.

Be more concerned about size of bed as opposed to size of house

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast