This frosted me today

Thread: This frosted me today

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultThis frosted me today

So we are on the way home from obed class and I had decided to go get my car inspected so I can renew my tags. Here you just drive thru, you turn on your wipers, signals, headlights, tail lights and they check for emissions. The inspection itself takes maybe 5 minutes.

I did not see the sign NO PETS until I was at the entrance to the bay for the inspection. There is nothing on the renewal notice saying you cannot have your pet with you. I had to drive all the way home and go back because they would not inspect it with Tal in the car. This is the first year it has been that way because I have seen folks have their dogs with them in years past.

I know there are more important things to get steamed about but that just never crossed my mind as even a possibility.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: This frosted me today

How annoying. And what difference could it possibly make if your pet is in the car with you?

Oklahoma did away with state inspections several years ago. I'm glad because it was always one of those "oh shoot! I still have to get that done" errands that nobody likes hanging over their head.

Seamus and Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Paddysmom
    How annoying. And what difference could it possibly make if your pet is in the car with you?

Oklahoma did away with state inspections several years ago. I'm glad because it was always one of those "oh shoot! I still have to get that done" errands that nobody likes hanging over their head.
    That was my thought exactly. All this trouble and to think you get to pay for the privilige. Besides it is the owner's car and who are they to say who can and cannot ride in it??

Anyway, I couldn't help but think I wish they were as concerned about some of these cars around here that spew more smoke out the tailpipe than a chimney and never do anything about that. Go figure...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I don't see what the big deal was with Tal in the car. What the heck would it have hurt.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Does the inspector have to get near or reach in the car at all? When I lived in NJ, it was a drive through inspection station too, but the guys had to reach in the window at the end and scrape off the old sticker and replace with the new. If that is the case in your state, I can definately see why they would say no pets.

Otherwise, it seems pretty bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    Does the inspector have to get near or reach in the car at all? When I lived in NJ, it was a drive through inspection station too, but the guys had to reach in the window at the end and scrape off the old sticker and replace with the new. If that is the case in your state, I can definately see why they would say no pets.

Otherwise, it seems pretty bogus.
    Nope...in fact they stopped using window stickers here about 20 years ago. When we did have window stickers they did like NJ and reached in and scraped off the old sticker and applied the new one.

NowOnce t they dont even require you to bring your renewal notice to get it inspehe inspection is complete the closest they get to putting their hand inside the car is when they hand you the report you mail in with your notice and payment. All other dirvers do like I did they hold out their hand to receive the report!