So how many talkers do we have out there?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So how many talkers do we have out there?

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultSo how many talkers do we have out there?

I was reading thru some posts and I could hear this low moan. It was Moose just letting me know he needed to go out. He has more noises and sounds that he makes. He truly is quite the talker. He has noises for playing, when he wants water, when he wants out of his crate or outside. Noises he makes when he greets dogs - just about everything gets some kind of sound. Sky on the other hand very rarely makes a peep with the exception of excited happy barking. I like that Moose talks so much because it is easy to figure out that he wants something.

Any other talkers out there?
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

boonesmom Guest

DefaultRe: So how many talkers do we have out there?

Boone is a talker--he lets us know when it is time to eat, play,go out,go for a walk, needs a biscuit,etc. Everyone gets a kick out of how he makes sounds when he wants to eat. He knows not to bark so the cute sounds that come out of him are sooooo funny.

Yep, Boone is a talker.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Ruger is a BIG time talker, and he chuckles too

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

My two aren't very vocal. I did have a yellow female Misty, who would talk a bluestreak. My mom thought that was the greatest thing and would converse with Misty while she was preparing dinner. Misty would sit on "her" rug and my mother would ask her questions and Misty would respond with a series of gutteral growls and yawns. Misty had to be with me when I visited my folks or my mom would be upset with me. I have had a few labs since Misty, but Misty holds a special place in my mothers heart.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

Jack talks when he really wants something. Baby just sorts of yawns sometimes but is mostly silent.

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

Tess is a talker, she's really quite vocal. The interesting thing is that she almost never barks, though. Emma is not naturally a talker (unfortunately she is a natural barker) but lately she is attempting to talk a little bit. I think she is trying to emulate Tess but she doesn't really have a natural talent for it.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Count Caleb in. He whines and yips in the morning when he hears us getting up, when you ask him to sit and when he's all excited. He also snorts and grunts like a pig. My absolute favorite, tho, is when he's sucking on his Tickle Me Elmo- he whines and moans like there's no tomorrow. The first time he did it, I thought his mouth was stuck.

Anne is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Labsrme
    Tess is a talker, she's really quite vocal. The interesting thing is that she almost never barks, though.
    Same as Murphy! He "talks" all the time. Yet, rarely barks. When he wants out, hungry, attention, just about anything! Hubby (who gives the boys the crusts off his toast in the morning) has discovered that Murphy has a particular groan/moan sound he makes when he is begging for SU's crusts.

Riley almost never talks. He will groan contentedly sometimes. However, he is one heck of a barker. Too good, if you ask me. :

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

georgie is offline Senior Member

Molly is more of a talker then Abby. Molly will whine or better yet she gives this loud sigh....when she wants something & I am not moving to do whatever it is fast enough. They know when their collars go on we are going out & Molly will whine & moan alot. Abby will whine at the window if she sees a rabbit in the yard.

MYJAKE is offline Senior Member

Jake is a talker and a grumbler.
    Gary - Owned by Jake and Brody in Georgia

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast