Been thinking...

Thread: Been thinking...

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultBeen thinking...

I have been thinking (dangerous, I know) about Tal and how much he has added to my life.

I know we all love our Labbies dearly and I after reading Joe Maringo's thread about Dweck sending the book, it just made me appreciate my Tal all the more.

We have all posted stories of abused dogs or know of situations personally. And then when I came home yesterday it just hit me. Our routine is when I get home I let him out to potty then we come back in. I get his chuck it flying squirrel and his ball then we go outside and play fetch and keep away. Tal knows the rountine and I can almost hear him when we get back in from the potty...get the squirrel...not gonna leash me are you...what about the ball...you dont need a coat dad...PLEASE lets go outside...where is Sparticus...will you throw that thing puleeze??

When I get home and see those happy little eyes and that enthusiasm I do not understand how anyone can be cruel to them. I do not understand how anyone could betray them like that. I am so thankful for Tal. I am thankful that there are folks like all of you who share the same love for their furkids.

I dunno if this even makes sense or not but it is just something I have been thinking about alot lately.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Been thinking...

I started thinking more about what you said when we had our first lab. Shadow was my best friend & really a part of our family. I started noticing, on my way to work, some dogs that were kept outside & on a chain. My heart just broke for them. It makes me sad that there are so many dogs in shelters & my two are pampered princesses, sleeping in my bed & hogging the covers.
    Like you, I look into their eyes & see the love they have for me & my husband & I just can't understand how anyone could have a dog & then simply "give it away." :'(
    My two just make my life alot better. I love being with them whether it's training, doing obedience or just hanging around the house. I know after Shadow died, I said... if I ever got another lab, it would not be one. , I would have two.
    Once Molly was over two & trained, we got Abby.

I know exactly how you feel. I have Bob and Darla and Darla is extremely smart (too smart). Well, Bob, he is just a dog that loves life. Anyway Darla has free run of house and I have been experimenting with Bob by blocking him in the sunroom instead of crate while I am at work. He was doing good but I had to work days instead of afternoons yesterday. Came home to a totally shredded pillow and he was knawing on the wicker. Yes I know he did it cause he was bored but I did yell at him pretty sternly to show my displeasure. (yes I know they don't eqaute it to an act earlier). Anyway as I was yelling "who did this" he just stood there wagging the tip of his tail even though his tail was between his legs.

How can ya not love em!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I went 4 years without one because of health and money problems. When you are laid up and everyone else is gone, your are never alone with a Lab.

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

I totally know what you mean. I'm even amazed at people that aren't cruel intentionally, just by the fact that the dog is just something they have for the kids. I just can't imagine ever having an animal come into my life that I wouldn't bond with and make part of my family. I guess we should be greatful for our gift?
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

I got to the point a couple of yearw ago that I wouldn't read anything related to abused dogs. Or cats, or any animal. I would cry too much. I have gotten a lot better but will still pick and choose what I read or watch. Most of it I don't.

When I come home in the evening, the love and the joy I see in my buddies at me coming home is overwhelming. It makes all the bad stuff go away.

Fanny is just a love bug and wants some hugs and then her butt rubbed. This could go on for hours if allowed. Eddie runs to the bedroom and jumps up on the bed and he wants his chest scratched, again it could last for hours. JJ jumps up like a jumping bean and Windsor barks until I stop and pay attention. He wants a biscuit and shuts up and runs away as soon as he gets one. JJ gets one too and all he is doing is joining in the fun.

I cannot imagine treating my buddies badly, and do not understand how anyone can. They have no soul...........

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoritedog

When I get home and see those happy little eyes and that enthusiasm I do not understand how anyone can be cruel to them. I do not understand how anyone could betray them like that.
    You're right, it's impossible for us to understand. How anyone can hurt or just not appreciate the joy of owning/interacting with an animal that has no ill feeling towards them at all. Just doesn't make any sense. Got too feel sorry for those people..........they will never know what they are missing out on.

Won't someone please feed me!