Tal's Surgery
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tal's Surgery

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultTal's Surgery

Well I scheduled Tal's neutering and microchipping today. I will take him in Wednesday morning and they will let me pick him up that afternoon.

I know this will sound stupid but I will be glad when it is over and I can bring him home. I know he will be out of it that first night and maybe a little woosy the next day until the anesthesia wears off. I guess when they anesthesize them you kinda worry a little bit.

When I inquired about it before they said they like to keep them overnight. So when I scheduled it today I asked if they had someone there with them. They said no and I didn't want to be like rude or anything. So I said I would really like to bring him home with me that night. The vet saw it was Tal and me and agreed to let me take him home Wednesday night. So it all worked out well.

I was asking about pre op and post op preparation and care and they said that when I bring him home no playing, jumping or running around for 7 - 10 days. My response was you are kidding, right?? I'll just take him for lots of walks..lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Tal's Surgery

I know you are worried. But Tal will do fine. I am like you, I bring my girls home because our vet does not have anyone there at night. So who would know if they are up or if there are any problems. I didn't have any problems with Molly when we brought her home the day of her spaying. But keeping them quiet is another thing. :
    The next day she was a little sedate but by the second day she was raring to go.

Sending good thoughts to Tal on his upcoming surgery.

I hear ya and the funniest part of when they told me to keep him quiet he was counter surfing and she was petting him...thats why I said you are kidding right?? But I would have him no other way. Tal is definitely my soul mate.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bibber is offline Senior Member

That's not stupid, that's how we ALL feel. You wouldn't believe how scared I was when I took Sam for his neuter. It's probably worse for a guy. I'm sure Tal will do just fine. We brought both of ours home the same day, and they just slept really well and were back to normal in a day or two. Of course, we couldn't let them act normal for a while. I'll be thinking of you guys next Wednesday.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

WigWag Guest

Clint had a large fatty tumor removed a few weeks back. I was pleasantly surprised when I picked him up at 4:00 PM that afternoon that he was wide awake and wagging and happy. He came home and ate and went out and then was out like a light at 6:30 until the next morning when he woke up as usual.

Thanks for the good thoughts! I'm sure he will do fine...I still worry about him tho....I'm just glad I can pick him up that afternoon. That way if something should (God forbid) happen during the night I can get him to the emergency vet for care.

He will be fine and so will you. But you will worry anyway,

Our vet keeps them overnight but they have 24/7 care so it's okay. It does tend to kepp us worrying longer but, if there is something wrong they will call.

It's good that you can take him home and worry over him and be guilty while he is there lapping it all up. Before you know it he will be back to normal and it will all be forgotten.

Good thoughts for next Wednesday.

BTW, I am so impressed with how well you take care of him and how you do what is good for him and for you in making him a well trained partner. I love to hear about his and your new discovery in his life. But we need more pics..........

I was terrified when I brought Henry in for his neuter. I think I even bawled in the parking lot of the vet's office when I got back to my car. I think I must have called them a half dozen times during the day to make sure he was okay.

Don't worry, we all worry about our furkids.

Henry was discharged later the same day, for the same reason, that they didn't have any staff overnight. Tal will be fine. The hardest part for you is keeping him "quiet" for a week!

Good thoughts and prayers for Tal (and you!) next Wed!!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I know how you feel I worry about Emma's surgery as well and I can't wait for it to be Friday, so she's home with me again.

I send lot of good thoughts to little Tal. I'm absolutely sure he will be fine tho. Good Luck to keeping him calm for 7-10 days!! ;D I'm glad you will get him home the same day.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Good luck on Wednesday. I'm so glad you get to have your boy home with you afterwards...and I'm sure he is too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast