New Record Low Temperature for this day....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Record Low Temperature for this day....

DefaultNew Record Low Temperature for this day....

...in Houston, get ready all of you snowbound people in blizzard conditions, TWENTY-SEVEN degrees. People around here think it is really cold. On the way into work this morning there was a report from a spokesperson for the school district telling parents to dress their kids in warm clothes. (The scary thought is that they actually thought they had to tell parents that on the radio). That was funny enough but when the radio announcer said" Check our website. For more tips on handling the cold weather click on "OPERATION STORMWATCH". I am not kidding.( http://www.ktrh.com/main.html ) I almost drove off the road laughing. It is an absolutely gorgeous sunny day here.
    Just thought all of you stuck up there in REAL winter weather might get a chuckle. BRRRRRRRRRR. :

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: New Record Low Temperature for this day....

LOL. It's a beautiful, sunny day here as well but it's about zero degrees with the wind chill and there's about 5 inches of ice on the ground that feel like concrete. The schools have been closed since Wednesday because the school crews can't get the snow and ice up and have to wait for the state roads crews to come in. I would love 27 degrees right now. ;D

We had had 2 beautiful sunny days but the temps have been about 26, with windchills about 5 or less. We have snow with a thick layer of ice on everything. I have a 2 inch thick peice on my hood I can't get off! Parking lots everywhere are treacherous. I don't make any impact on it at all at 170 pounds. My car doesn't either, sometimes!

However, we are in for a heatwave over the next few days, upper 30's and low 40's! Woohoo!!

couple weeks ago it was unseasonably warm and in the 50's..................

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Puff and I went out for our daily hour off-leash walk and retrieving session shortly before sun up. It was 3°F/-16°C, pretty much as it's been for the last several (4? - 7?) days. I looked at the paper's weather section this morning and it said the record for this date was -7°F and the warmest was 72°F. So we're not THAT far away from the coldest. About 5-6 days ago we had a couple inches of powdery snow and it STILL sharply barks and squeaks with every step I take.

A few mornings ago, Puff was holding up first one front paw and then the other as if it was hurt or there were snow balls forming between her pads. I looked but didn't see anything so yesterday and this morning, I smeared abundant quantities of "Musher's Secret" over and between her pads on all four feet -- she didn't show any "hurt paw lifting" so it must've helped. Then, for good measure zipped her up in her white Neoprene vest (I bought it as a cheap closeout from Cabelas a few years ago). Since Puff has a much lighter double fur coat than any other Lab we've seen, I figured it wouldn't hurt.

I put on a PolarMax bottom and top plus a PolarTech top, Carhart cargo pants, a scarf, down jacket, insulating socks, High Tech ankle boots, my Cabela's Safari vest, a knit hat, and insulated gloves and off we went. It was cold enough that my fingers felt much better curled next to each other in the palm area of the gloves than in their individual finger sections.

But it was pretty in the nature preserve. The wind that brought the snow came from the North and it's made that side of each tree still look like a white birch. It's also formed small clumps on bushy grasses so some areas look as if they are covered with thousands of white blossoms.

Puff was energized and ran to fetch her training dummy with great elan and bounce.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Mocha Guest

I'm wearing t-shirt and flip flops!

78 degrees in sunny warm California! Absolutely gorgeous.

Fishing tomorrow at Morro Bay because that is wear Maggie can run off leash!

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

We have received 7 feet of snow in the past 10 days. The highest temp has been 20 degrees and lows around -5. If you been watching the Weather Channel and they report from Upstate NY, that's us. We dress for it and sadly to say we're actually used to it. Mind you we might not like it,but,we're used to it.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Mocha must be an Al Gore fan!

Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

RebaHalle is offline Senior Member

I cannot imagine the size of the drifts with 7 foot of snow. We just got a new 4 inches. That and the previous snow and 45mph winds created huge drifts. 27 degrees would be a welcome temp, indeed. Been cold for a long time here, but next week is to get warmer. Trying to attach pic of drift covering fence.

[attachment deleted by admin]
    Judy, mom to Reba, the Lab, and Jalapeno (Halle), the JRT

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

I am with you............thought it was absolutely wonderful down here. Just want it a little warmer so we can try out the new car.
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

I thought it was cold out this mornign as I went for my walk with the kids. Yup, -19* windchill. The weather folk say it is actually supposed to get above freezing next week!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast