A Lab??

Thread: A Lab??

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultA Lab??

I took Tal to the petstore nearby and there was a man in there with what looked like a 4 or 5 months old yellow Lab. Friendly little fellow and of course he and Tal wanted to engage in a game of bitey face. I asked the man how old his Lab is and when he said a year I bet my eyes got the size of quarters. Tal was that size somewhere between 3 and 4 months...I cannot believe a pure bred Lab would be that small. He didn;t say the dog was a mix when I asked how old is your Lab. ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A Lab??

It was probably a mix...either that or there is a very slim chance of it being a "dwarf" Lab -- I think we have one on the forum, although I haven't seen her around for a while.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

My Abby gets mistaken for a lab "pup" all the time cause she is so short, plus she looks like a puppy still. She's like Henerey in that respect, they both have such youthful exuberant puppy trouble faces it's not hard. I haven't measured her exact height but I would say she is about 20-21 inches tall at the withers. Maybe 22. But most likely 21. 21 1/2 is standard for a female.

But, that said, she looks normal standing by herself. She looks like a dwarf compared to most labs in our neighbourhood, but most labs in my neighbourhood are HUGE. And I mean HUGE. Very leggy and super tall, I often wish I could take a measuring tape and measure them when their owners remark how short Abby is. I always want to say "yeah, well at least my dog hits breed standards", but I like these people and their dogs, and just cause I get upset when they call my dog dwarfy when she is not dwarfy but smack on.

How tall is Tal now?
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineFizz
    My Abby gets mistaken for a lab "pup" all the time cause she is so short, plus she looks like a puppy still. She's like Henerey in that respect, they both have such youthful exuberant puppy trouble faces it's not hard. I haven't measured her exact height but I would say she is about 20-21 inches tall at the withers. Maybe 22. But most likely 21. 21 1/2 is standard for a female.

But, that said, she looks normal standing by herself. She looks like a dwarf compared to most labs in our neighbourhood, but most labs in my neighbourhood are HUGE. And I mean HUGE. Very leggy and super tall, I often wish I could take a measuring tape and measure them when their owners remark how short Abby is. I always want to say "yeah, well at least my dog hits breed standards", but I like these people and their dogs, and just cause I get upset when they call my dog dwarfy when she is not dwarfy but smack on.

How tall is Tal now?
    I'm not sure how tall Tal is cuz I havent measured him. I would guess somewhere around 24" because his shoulders are just about at mid-thigh or so on me. I think I have been more preoccupied with making sure his weight is proper! I may try and measure him this weekend tho and get a more accurate measure. Both his mother and father were just a little taller than that and Tal is almost a carbon copy of his father in looks and mother in temperament. He got the best of both!

The dog ta the pet store was nowhere near even 21"

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

ML's lab Puebla is on the smaller size. She's a cutie.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Quote Originally Posted by zoesmom
    ML's lab Puebla is on the smaller size. She's a cutie.
    Cool...this dog was a cutie..It just never occured to me that a full grown Lab could be that small.

Chloe (the yellow one) is a pure lab and she is pretty small. from the floor to the top of her head she is 29" and weighs about 62 lbs. Dakota is a Lab/Golden mix and she is just a little shorter and a little lighter than her "little" sister. People always ask me what kind of dog Chloe is because she is a fox red. You can't tell from either of the pics I have up on here, but she is pretty dark. Everyone always says she is beautiful, they just can't tell she is a Lab.