WHY?????

Thread: WHY?????

DefaultWHY?????

did Nellie not want to pee or poop? I took her out last night at 8 p.m. before bed. She urinated. This morning at 5:30 we went out and walked, and walked, and walked, until 6:15 when I couldn't stand the cold and wind any longer. No pee and no poop. She came in, ate her breakfast, and took herself back to bed. I read the paper, had coffee, and showered and took her out again at 7:45. After another 1/2 hour of walking she finally urinated and pooped.

Do you think it is because the ground is covered with about 5 inches of ice? What in the world got into her?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: WHY?????

Eddie hasn't liked to go out in the ice either........... Fanny loves it.

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Wesley's first winter, he would not poop on the snow. The poor boy constipated himself for four or five days running, looking for some green to go on. I felt so bad for him, but there wasn't much I could do....

He eventually worked it out for himself.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We had this problem last night. 30 inches of new snow on top of what we already have :. Oona couldn't get through the snow. I took her to a park that has some big evergreen trees and she found a spot under one of the trees.
    Olie

Same problem here. I think that, with the ice on the ground, they can't get sure-footing before they go. I churned up the snow near the house, and made an area where they can feel comfortable.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Yes I do especially with my old Toy Fox Terrier Twiggy, we always clear a path for her since she is blind and has trouble keeping her balance sometimes. The other two girls use the path sometimes but Boo prefers dropping her bottom and letting it go!! She has no sense. None.

georgie is offline Senior Member

My girls don't like to go in the ice covered snow. It has been taking them forever to poop. : We don't want to clear a path because then that would be pure ice. After walking & running around the yard for what seems forever in 3 degree weather....they finally go.