Does he look overweight?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does he look overweight?

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultDoes he look overweight?

I think he looks perfect, but people keep telling me that he's fat! > The last time he was at the vet they wanted him down to 75 which is what he is now. The other pic that I posted with him and Tucker at the back door, he looks chubby. I think it's the funny way he's standing.
    What do you think?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Does he look overweight?

He doesn't look overweight to me. Of course, I like a little something to hug on my labbies. ;D I think he look great!

Jack looked like this and after I started reading about preventing arthritis, I put him on a diet. Apparently the best thing you can do for arthritis is to have him as lean as he can be without being too skinny. (I'm not sure where that is for Jack, but we're not there yet).

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

My Jake looks about the same. I know in a few weeks (I hope) when the weather gets nicer, he'll start to slim down from being out more.

Brookville, Pa.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

How much did Jack weigh then? Now?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

WigWag Guest

From these photos I say no but from the one with him on the deck wanting to come in I say yes. See the bulge right where his back meets his tail? That's fat. I would say just another 3 - 4 lbs. That will make a big difference when you weigh 75 lbs. I know when Scout was up to 80 lbs she was too heavy and it took us a long time to get her down. Finally I thought she looked really good and brought her in to be weighed - 75 lbs. Yeah. It made a huge difference.

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Honestly, he looks a bit on the heavy side to me...but then, I really like my dogs slender. Even Jacob, at 80 lbs, has an hourglass figure.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Our vet had me cut Coals food by 1/4" cup and it made a big difference. He was 95lbs a few months ago.. we weighed last week and he was 90lbs... so we are about where he needs to be... he has a waist again and can feel his ribs a little better... vet told me he should be around 85-90lbs but i really dont want to cut his food anymore... so we will stay at 90...

I think the test is whether you can feel each rib under the skin. If not, then he should probably lose a few.

Tater Guest

Amy, Frankie doesnt look fat at all. And if you got him down to what the vet wanted then I say he is fine. He is just a big boy. IN some of Taters pics he looks fat. He is 85 pound. BUt he isnt fat. Just depends on how he is standing. Dont change Frankie. Send him down here to warmer weather we can sweat it out of him!! I am sure Tater would like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast