Emma the Lab ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emma the Lab ...

DefaultEmma the Lab ...

How is Emma doing? I haven't seen you post in a few days, so thought I would check in. We're thinking about you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Emma the Lab ...

Ditto that. I'm ready for an update!

bump ...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Yes, how is Emma doing?

chocco_23 Guest

Same question from me...

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

AWwww I missed this post! Emma is feeling like a princess! (Well the little bugger stole my rice pudding yesterday, so her tummy was a little upset this morning).

The test from the lump hadn't come yesterday morning. But the blood work looked good. I let the vet know I was going to continue this on the animal hospital instead. I really didn't feel comfortable with that vet or any of the staff there actually. I think the vet was rude and very pessimistic. And I didn't feel comfortable with her doing the surgery. She didn't seem do know her thing, if you know what I mean. Plus that clink is a small clink and I guess not as good equipment as the big animal hospital. It just felt sooooo wrong being there and I cried on and off for 4 days when i returned home. So when I called yesterday for the blood work results I let her know I'm going to the animal hospital for care instead.

So yesterday afternoon we went for a check up of the lump on my regular vet (That clink is a branch clink to the animal hospital: some of the vets works on both places. So I'm familiar with them). The clink have Emma's history of the lump on the computer, so she could see how much it had grown etc. The vet was optimistic and I feel so comfortable with her. We have been at the clink so often, it feels almost like home. (yearly check ups, ears and the lump or just for weigh her).

We are going in for surgery Thursday next week (22nd). The vet who will do the surgery have we met at our clink several times. I like him very much and trust him completely. He's an excellent surgeon. Like the vet said yesterday: Is it anyone who can remove the whole lump it is him. So we keep our fingers crossed that he can remove the whole lump, and then send it for biopsy and we will hope for the best.
    If it's not possible he will remove as much as he can and send the part for biopsy. I feel hopefull about this now. Let it be a easy removed lump.

Thank you so much for asking about her.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Let it be easily removed and our girl good as new in no time. Give her a BIG kiss from us :-* :-*

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Glad you are now going to someone you feel comfortable with. Prayers for an easy removal and benign test results.

Brookville, Pa.

I too am a firm believer in "trusting your gut" when it comes to care for the pups. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who feels that way.

so happy that Emma is still herself...will be thinking of you both next week and will be looking for updates.

So good to hear from you! Glad that Emma is feeling well. It is so important to feel comfortable with the people who care for our labbies ... I'm so happy that you found a surgeon that you feel confident in. Kisses to Emma! :-*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast