4 Hours..........

Thread: 4 Hours..........

jakeysmom Guest

Default4 Hours..........

Out of the crate and Jake did perfect!!!! I will be so happy when I can get rid of the giant crate that takes up my kitchen.

How old were your pups when you trusted them to be left alone and out of the crate? Jake is almost a year and a half. He is really mellow lately.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

liveelayne is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 4 Hours..........

Good boy, Jake! ;D Thor had just turned a year old when I decided to leave him out. I left him out at short periods of time and did okay but for some reason I just decided to leave him out the whole time I was at work (9 hours) and he did fine. So he's been crate free ever since! Hopefully Jake will continue to deserve his freedom

jakeysmom Guest

Well the other day my husband put him in the cage but forgot to close it!!!! He was out for 8 hours and did perfect!!! Personally I think he sat in the cage most of the day before he realized the gate wasn't locked. ;DSo I think we are going to take it one step at a time....a little each day.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

The size of the crate in our kitchen also annoyed me -- I was glad to be rid of it!

Two of mine were never crate trained and the other two were 'paroled' at 12 and 18 months.

Emma is ready now at a year and a half. But she and Aidan share the big crate in the kitchen when we go out because he is content if she is in there with him. If he is in there alone and she is out, he cries the entire time. :
    Emma has been out of the crate at night since she was 8 months old. Aidan is still too young. Not that he would have accidents but he would want to play and go out at odd hours if he wasnt crated.