Eye Crusties - Gross but need to know
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye Crusties - Gross but need to know

DefaultEye Crusties - Gross but need to know

This sounds weird, but Marlan eems to have eye boogies and crusties a lot of the time. He is 7 months old. Is this normal, or is it a sign of bad eyes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Eye Crusties - Gross but need to know

Emma has them ALL of the time. I asked the vet, her eyes are perfect. It could be the food maybe but its pro plan and she does really well on it besides this so im not changing just for eye boogers.
    But really, she gets them constantly. As soon as i wipe them off, more start forming.

Aidan doesnt get many at all. Just she seems to. Maybe because she is black theyre more noticeable? not sure... But im in the same boat as you.

Quote Originally Posted by WeHeartLabs
    Emma has them ALL of the time. I asked the vet, her eyes are perfect. It could be the food maybe but its pro plan and she does really well on it besides this so im not changing just for eye boogers.
    But really, she gets them constantly. As soon as i wipe them off, more start forming.

Aidan doesnt get many at all. Just she seems to. Maybe because she is black theyre more noticeable? not sure... But im in the same boat as you.
    Yup. Angus has them too. Of course, being black does make them all the more noticeable.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Larry doesn't get them too often, but both of my mom's girls do. Tess is yellow and Emma is black, and both have them all the time. Actually, I think Tess has them more often than Emma.

Defaulteye boogers

Morgan went through a stage just after I got him where he always had them. I just kept wiping them away (making sure to wipe away from the eyes using a wet warm wash cloth) and when I introduced Missing Link to his diet, they went away almost entirely.

Could be coincidence but we are at 8 months of me owning him now and they still are not back.

liveelayne is offline Senior Member

Thor gets them a lot too...he's used to me coming up to him with a wet cloth! Haha!

jakeysmom Guest

Jake grew out of it. When he was a puppy they were bad. When he hit a year he stopped getting them.

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

Sorry, Katherine, but the girls haven't had any in ages - since I changed their food. Emma does sometimes get them in the summer, but Tess hasn't ever gotten them very often. You are just so grossed out by them that you think it happens all the time!

If the discharge is green or yellow I would check with your vet. That would mean infection. Nellie and I both had conjunctivites (pink eye) at the same time and used the same eye drops. lol

No it is not green or yellow - just looks like normal eye boogies. What is this Missing Link that was added to the dog's diet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast