Wow, what a difference a little off leash time makes!

Thread: Wow, what a difference a little off leash time makes!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultWow, what a difference a little off leash time makes!

So today was the first day you could stand to be outside in WEEKS. We celebrated by taking the boys to the park and throwing the bumper for about 30-45 minutes.

Wow. What an unbelievable difference in them tonight. Both have been sleeping all night. Angus got up once, turned around, breathed a heavy sigh and curled right back up into a ball.

;D

Winter is hard. I would be willing to bet that's where a lot of the recent bickering they've been doing is rooted...not enough exercise.

COME ON SPRING!!!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Wow, what a difference a little off leash time makes!

You may be on to something there! We all get cabin fever when we can't get out like normal. Hopefully, that's what it was and you won't see any more of that behavior.

I'm right there with you Connie COME ON SPRING!!
    I hate this cold and Mocha has definatley had less play time since it's been so cold too. I can't wait for the warmer weather so we can start getting out a little more too. She's been dying to go visit her friend Ally down the street.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I hear that..Gunny has been driving me crazy lately..this weekend I got out there with him we had a nice time.

BudGirl8 Guest

I'll second that. I turned Billie out with her buddy Lacey for about an hour Saturday and both of them were much better puppies for the rest of the day. They've been driving us NUTS! They need to blow off steam and throwing the ball for 30 minutes or walking isn't cutting it.

I've had it with this weather. And we have another potential ice/snow event coming in today. GAHHHH!!!

I think yorue right , Connie. I know when the kids are cooped up they get on each other's nerves. In the spring and summer when theyre bike riding, swimming, there are way less quarrels.
    I dont mean Jeffrey and KAtie...they dont fight..thank God. Just the neighborhood gang. I notice there is much more bickering in the winter.
    You know Simon and Angus truly love each other. But they are stuck indoors more often and get on each other's last nerve.
    Exercise encourages more brotherly love

wiscpayton is offline Senior Member

Good for the boys! Sounds like fun

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Walking hasn't been enough for my two. The snow is so deep that off leash is next to impossible. It's up to their necks! The only places they can run are on snowmobile trails and I would never walk them there,too many hi speed sleds running. I just can't find any area that has packed trails and safe for off leash. I'm trying to stimulate them mentally by teaching them Scrabble,but they keep making up words! ;D
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.