Tonight I Registered the Pup

Thread: Tonight I Registered the Pup

DefaultTonight I Registered the Pup

Well, for some reason, tonite I logged on and filled out the AKC reg for Stoops. Not sure why, but maybe because when people ask if he's registed, I just want to say yes, instead of, "he's eligible, but he's fixed, so I just never did it."

The question usually comes after some comment about his color or his tail (oh, lord, the boy's tail is BAD - waaaay to loooong with a crazy a crazy corkscrew thing going on at the end... I saw his daddy a couple of months ago and his tail was fine, nice and otter-like... not sure what happened to this boy's tail!) and I guess I just want to end the speculation.

Plus, I like the lost and found option, even though it's hard to imagine him ever wandering far from the home that feeds him!

He has turned out to be such a nice boy. Always eager to please, pretty smart (not clever at all, but smart), and such loyal love-boy. I often wonder if that's just his demeanor, or if the 4 months he went to work with me every day really paid off.

Only one more month 'til his 1st birthday!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Tonight I Registered the Pup

I registered Tal for similar reasons. Plus (and I think someone on here mentioned this to me) if there is ever any question or doubt about who is the rightful owner you have it regsitered with the AKC plus the bills of sale.

I guess it just seemed like the thing to do!

He's cute! What name did you decide on?

Also, because he's registered, you can now compete in AKC performance events (everything except conformation).

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

His name is "Stoops of the Crimson and Cream". He's named after Bob Stoops the football coach at the U of Oklahoma and their official colors are crimson and cream.

We've named both our labbies after coaches. The first was Landry, named after Tom Landry legendary coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Her name was Landry's Golden Years, but I don't recall if ever completed the forms. We were young and poor and even the minimal registration fee seemed daunting at the time!

This is among my favorite pics of Landry. She was 12 at the time... a grand old dame.

I want to see the crazy cork screw tail please

He's got the BEST smile! Thanks for posting pics of him. Good name too

I'll try find a good tail pic... usually it's wagging!

Love your siggy pict!

Quote Originally Posted by InkoPup

This is among my favorite pics of Landry. She was 12 at the time... a grand old dame.
    Awww...look at that beautiful smile! Labs and babies make awesome photo subjects.