I got me a clicker!

Thread: I got me a clicker!

DefaultI got me a clicker!

Angus had his first obedience (family companion) class at the new school tonight. He was FABulous ;D ;D ;D
    He did the usual sniffing around but he listened when I settled him, and the owner said he had "great focus". He used Angus in a couple of demonstrations, but Angus pretty much listened the first time so he didn't get to demonstrate the consistency aspect with a resistant dog. he said "I almost forgot I was dealing with a lab for a minute", and explained tht a lot of the lab pups he sees have a harder time focusing ith all of the distractions. I did tire Angus out with some ball before we went, so that may have had something to do with it. Anyway, I was a pretty proud mum tonight and wanted to share.

(Angus had attended a Canadian Kennel Club Obedience class before, but I didn't feel right about the use of the choke chain for me. I wasn't getting how to use it properly, and I was afraid I'd end up correcting the wrong behaviour and mess Angus up altogether. Some people do great with them, but my timing was crappy and it showed)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I got me a clicker!

Good boy Angus! I'm glad you found a class that you like.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

That's Great

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    This is the academy where we took Angus for puppy kindergarten. It is 10 weeks and if/when he passes we can look into dock dogs.

Good boy Angus!