Accidents in Crate (all of a sudden)

Thread: Accidents in Crate (all of a sudden)

DefaultAccidents in Crate (all of a sudden)

I meant to post this here rather than the puppy advise forum, sorry for the double post. I know this forum get more action!

Duncan has been doing amazing at potty training...until Thurs night. He was having no accidents in his crate, during the week he is in there from 7:45 - 11:00 and then from 2:00 - 5:30.

On Thurs night, he went to bed at his normal time, about 9ish, and we woke up at his normel time, 4am, and he had pee'd in his crate and was actually laying in it. My first thought is that he had pee'd in his sleep and hadn't realized it. So we went outside, cleaned him off and then went back to bed. Slept till 6ish and was fine all day Friday while we were at work.

Friday night we went to a friends house and Duncan stayed at my parents house with my little sister. No accidents over there. Saturday afternoon Duncan took his usual nap, in his crate, and woke up and whined and when we went in there he had pee'd in his crate again and layed in it. We bathed him and washed out the crate in the shower. No more accidents for the rest of that day or night.

Today he took another nap in his crate, I heard him whine 2 times and I went in there and he had pee'd AGAIN!!!

Nothing has changed in the past few days so why do you think he is doing this. There is no bedding in his crate and we have cleaned it out so I don't think there is any smell thats confusing him. His schedule is pretty set in stone and again hasn't changed. He didn't have any accidents in his crate prior to this. It's pretty frusterating.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Accidents in Crate (all of a sudden)

How old is he now? When you cleaned up the mess did you finish with something like Nature's Miracle? How much water did he get before he went to bed?
    Olie

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

I took Rowan's water away at 7 pm when she was going to bed at 11 pm when she was about 7 wks old. She slept till 6 with no accidents.
    Yes, make sure you are using something like Nature's Miracle too.
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson Creek Girl
    I took Rowan's water away at 7 pm when she was going to bed at 11 pm when she was about 7 wks old. She slept till 6 with no accidents.
    Yes, make sure you are using something like Nature's Miracle too.
    Same thing with mine. I did the same with her food as well.

How much space does she have in her crate?

Also might want to check for a UTI