The last one was a real challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The last one was a real challenge

DefaultRe: The last one was a real challenge

Great pictures looks like you had a good season overall. That's one BIG goose though goodness how did she carry that thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The one of Ria says "look look Daddy look what I got"

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

Great pics!! I just love 'em!

How's Ria doing over all? I remember a few posts back you mentioned that she might not make a hunting dog after all....that she was a little "unfocused" at times but you were going to work with her more and give her until the end of this season? What's the report on Ria?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Great pics of some proud pups

Dani is offline Senior Member

nice shots Jim. Cappy and Ria look spot on!
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Beautiful pictures!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Ria has turned into one heck of a hunting dog. Just ask her. ;D All you have to do is ask her if she's a "Hunting Dog" and she turns her head and looks towards the garage door. The days she didn't go hunting, she drove us nuts wanting to do something. This hunting season really helped her. She doesn't give Dave "No Go's" anymore in training. She really likes training. I can't wait to see her run at a hunt test. This weekend is our first hunt test of the year.

She has turned into the hunter her daddy was. Thanks Jim for inviting us up to hunt.

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake
    Great pics!! I just love 'em!

How's Ria doing over all? I remember a few posts back you mentioned that she might not make a hunting dog after all....that she was a little "unfocused" at times but you were going to work with her more and give her until the end of this season? What's the report on Ria?
    Noooooooooo! You're thinking of my Remi. Ria is a 4 year old very accomplished Hunt Test dawg that for various reasons had never actually be "hunted" as such. She retrieved 41 ducks and yesterdays goose while hunting with us this season. It taught her a number of things:

How to hunt and socialize with other dawgs and people
    How to run or swim down live wild ducks
    How to handle "blind retrieves" of several 100 yards or more with live ducks attempting to escape
    How to swim circles and keep chasing "diver's" attempting to escape by swimming away under water
    How to sit patiently in a blind and watch on days when there is no action or birds flying
    And lots more that "competition-only" dawgs never get exposed to.

Remi, on the other hand, has all of the latent potential and requisite hunter's skills to make an absolutely fantastic duck dawg. Her problem is simply a lack of self control that I firmly believe is a chemically induced state of hyper brain excitement that may be beyond her ability control and my ability to tolerate as a hunting companion. She is PERFECT at home and a joy to have with us. Smart, affectionate and very obedient. Turn her loose in the field with bumpers or live ducks and she is simply stated out-of-control. Breaks my heart after 2 years of training that it hasn't improved to the point that I could take another season of it. Unless she matures out of it this off-season, Remi will be relegated to a "house dog" ... and there's nothing wrong with that of course, just not the purpose for our getting her.
    Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

<<wild applause>> SO neat to see the dogs doing what they were born to do. Thanks for sharing the pics. ;D ;D ;D

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

Noooooooooo! You're thinking of my Remi. Ria is a 4 year old very accomplished Hunt Test dawg that for various reasons had never actually be "hunted" as such. She retrieved 41 ducks and yesterdays goose while hunting with us this season.

Oops! Sorry 'bout that! :-[ I guess I get all these labs on this board confused! ???

Remi, on the other hand, has all of the latent potential and requisite hunter's skills to make an absolutely fantastic duck dawg. Her problem is simply a lack of self control that I firmly believe is a chemically induced state of hyper brain excitement that may be beyond her ability control and my ability to tolerate as a hunting companion. She is PERFECT at home and a joy to have with us. Smart, affectionate and very obedient. Turn her loose in the field with bumpers or live ducks and she is simply stated out-of-control. Breaks my heart after 2 years of training that it hasn't improved to the point that I could take another season of it. Unless she matures out of it this off-season, Remi will be relegated to a "house dog" ... and there's nothing wrong with that of course, just not the purpose for our getting her.

I'm sorry Remi hasn't worked out to be the hunter you expected. She certainly is a beautiful dog and I know you'll enjoy her a great deal no matter where she is or what she does with you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast