Just Labradors banner

Obedience Trials Day Four: NQ

2K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  wiscpayton 
#1 ·
In flames.

Nuff said.

#15 ·
Awww darn. I was hoping for better news. You know 3 and 4 day trials can be a lot to ask of both dog and handler. Maybe he was just tired or could feel that you were tired. Anyway, I'm sure you'll both do better next time when you are fresher.

#20 ·
Nance, yeah, it was too much - for all of us. :(

Pat, yes, this was Simon, formerly known as "Steady Eddie." Let's just say he was not going to be outdone by Angus. ::) Oh, even Angus' worst Rally trial, the trial from hell that ran four hours late in ninety degree weather...even that couldn't hold a candle to this performance.

I am feeling like I should've never asked this of him in the first place. :-[ Three days is too much even for some experienced dogs.

He had a major meltdown in the ring. MAJOR. Jumping straight up in the air, barking, not paying attention, requiring multiple commands for everything.

I think the third day was not the charm for him.

He did so well Thursday and Friday, and today was a million times more quiet in the building with all the other events over before we even started. He was great during warmups. It all seemed like it was going to fall perfectly into place. I was relaxed, he seemed relaxed. The course was the easiest we've had.

Stepped into the ring. Poof. He was gone. ???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.