Lab owners in HRM, check out these sites

Thread: Lab owners in HRM, check out these sites

DefaultLab owners in HRM, check out these sites

I have been seriously reseraching RAW feeding, and am considering an all or partial (one raw meal a day) raw diet for Angus. It just seems that the healh benefits are overwhelming. I have been looking around for places that supply & promote RAW, and came up with this interesting spot in Truro http://www.totallyrawdogfood.com/faq.html.
    There is also a spot in Waverly that sell frozen raw meaty bones (Angus already gets one per week) and they have a great accessories & toy store too ;D.

I also came upon this site when looking for a cheaper place to buy dehydrated beef liver & lung treats
    http://charlieloveshalifax.ca/ It's pretty much a guide to HRM dog friendly spots, walks, parks, stores, etc. kind of neat.

Anyone else feed RAW or partially RAW? None of my friends who are dog owners do, but I have met people in the parks when walking Angus who have mentioned diet because he is so shiny, and I've gotten a few tips from them.

OOH, anyone use the Metro Dog Wash self serve dog wash & gear store? This looks so cool! http://www.metrodogwash.com/ I have to take Angus there, he's too big for my laundry sink now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Lab owners in HRM, check out these sites

For those who know the area, We just got back from a hike in Laurie Park. I took a peek at B&R pet supply in an old church on Widsor Jctn rd...it looks amazing inside! (yes, I peeked in the windows even though they are closed today :P) They sell frozen raw marrow bones so I will definately pop in there this week. Oh the toys! TONS of toys! ;D

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastmom
    For those who know the area, We just got back from a hike in Laurie Park. I took a peek at B&R pet supply in an old church on Widsor Jctn rd...it looks amazing inside! (yes, I peeked in the windows even though they are closed today :P) They sell frozen raw marrow bones so I will definately pop in there this week. Oh the toys! TONS of toys! ;D
    Seriously - this is the BEST STORE! We go there all the time. We used to buy CoCo's food there, but now we use Kirkland Chicken & Rice. But anything else, we go there, its just so fun to shop at! The owners are a bit hippy'ish though, lol. They show & breed, or at least used to, German Shepherds I think.
    ~Jo & CoCo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I am going back this weekend to do a more "thorough" browse
    On Monday I bought, raw bones, live treats, a new Cuz, and a jolly ball type of toy. I swear I have nevr seen so much great quality dog stuff in one place.

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

And its just such a cool set-up! I mean, you are in the middle of no where, and here is this fantastic pet store in a renovated church! From the outside you would still think it was a church too. They just did a big renovation inside, it looks really great. They actually supply some of Global Pet Foods stuff.

We bought CoCo a giggle rubber ball there... the one that makes a funny noise when you roll or bounce it - is that the one you mean? She LOVES it!

I love how they throw in a handful of treats into your shopping bag too.
    ~Jo & CoCo

I know! ;D I did not get a "giggle" ball...putting that on my list it's a BIG ball with a handle on the top to pick it up with . Horses use large ones to play with and they are called Joy Balls, oe Jolly Balls. This one is just called Best Ball soft flex, and it is made for dogs. I want to get a horse one for the summer. Angus adores those snap-apart Canidae biscuits the tossed in the bag.

Oh you two are making me laugh.
    I haven't been in the store in Waverly although I have heard of it. I must pop in and have a look. I asked at Superstore last night for a raw bone but they don't do that. I would like to get her one.
    The place where I buy her dog food sells smoked bones but that would be considered cooked wouldn't it? I didn't get one.

Isn't that a fabulous store... and a fabulous little community too - right? Although I live the next community over now, Windsor Junction is my home-town Chance loves it to - we visit my sister in WJ to go for swims in Second Lake.

That is my absolute favorite dog store ever! ;D

I would hesitate on the smoked bones. Some are ok, but some are smoked in a way that changes the bone's density. Chris Brothers sell smoked bones marketed as "dog bones", but when you pick one up (a big honkin' leg bone), they weigh next to nothing...the smoking has altered them somehow, I would not trust it. Angus gets raw marrow bones, and B& R sells them frozen, so I have been giving it to him then re-freezing it. By the way, the MASSIVE knuckle bone from B&R was only $5.99. Here is Angus enjoying it. ;D