Obedience Trials Day Three: Simon is an AMATEUR!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obedience Trials Day Three: Simon is an AMATEUR!!!!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultObedience Trials Day Three: Simon is an AMATEUR!!!!

Hey JL peeps, Angus here! Just wanted to update you on my day today!

I heard some stories about some of the naughty things Simon did during his Rally trials. Something about going to the end of the leash and staring, and he barked a couple of times. Pffft! Big deal. What a loser!! He has no idea how to *really* embarrass Mom! I made it my business to show Mom just how good a job I can do of making her blood pressure go up. It is so much fun to see her face look like it's going to explode!

Well, first of all, we were warming up. It was very crowded in there. Lots of dogs and people all over the place. After a few minutes I was going around like a pro, looking right up into Mom's face. Everyone was admiring my heeling. A child asked if he could pet me, and I did a very nice sit and let him, while I continued looking up into Mom's face.

But see, this is all part of my master plan: Lure her into a false sense of security about how good I am. Then I wait till just the right time to break out the monkey business. OMG, she is SO gullible!!!

So we get called into the ring. I start out by going over to say hello to the judge. I mean, that's only polite, right? Mom calls me to "Get In" and I do. I'll humor her for just a few more short moments, and then I'm going to RULE!

We start our heeling pattern. Instead of sitting beside her when we stop, I try sitting in front. Yeah, I like it up here! Next time I don't sit at all, but wander towards the center of the ring. Even better!!! Then I decide to throw a curve ball, and LAG! Yeah!!!! Trying some new moves today!

Next up is the Figure Eight. Oh, here's where I really turn it on! I go WAAAAAY wide, as wide as the leash will possibly let me. Then when we go the other direction, I cross in front of her and make her trip over me! Oh, but I always sit perfectly at heel, even though what I am doing in no way resembles a heel until we stop.

Now Mom is *really* embarrassed and frustrated. She is rolling her eyes even! She tries to play with me a little to re-engage me. OK, I'll play. But I'm not finished yet. Oh no.

Now it's time for the Stand for Exam. She puts me in a sit, then stand, and ZAP!!! I do my most perfect pop-up stand! I'm just trying to give her a little something so she doesn't give up hope totally and leave the ring. As soon as I do my stand, I turn my head as far in the other direction as I can, so she is saying "stay" to the side of my neck. Ha! She leaves and the judge comes over. I allow him to touch me, but hey! Is that a piece of tape on the floor!!! I'd better get over there and try to eat it!!

Recalls. Mom would love to be shot and put out of her misery by now. I'm starting to feel a little sorry for her, so I do a perfect recall and finish. Hey, I'm not completely without a heart.

We can finally leave the ring! Yay!! I do perfect heads-up heeling all the way back to my crate!!!

After a few minutes, we go back for group exercises. Mom says this is my chance to redeem myself. I don't care, really. Whatever Mom.

I try to go and visit the dog next to me while we are lining up, but it has become obvious that Mom is really tired of my monkey business. I decide that, whatever I do, it must be sitting in one spot. Still, there must be some way to embarrass her without getting up and moving...WAIT!! I'VE GOT IT!!!

I whipped out my very best Mr. Peepers ever!!! YEAH!!! Oh, it was glorious and there for all to see! I kept Mr. Peepers out for the entire sit stay! Then when she put me into a down, I turned around and put my head between my legs to tell Mr. Peepers to go away now. Mom had to take my head from between my legs to make me stop. So funny!

Anyway, I nailed my stays, because there are no points off for Mr. Peepers. Even when the Golden I liked so much next door broke, I stayed glued to the floor. Why? Because I can do stays only if there is something to distract me. I actually saw Mom visibly relax a little when the Golden broke.

So, that was my fun day! Mom is going to take up drinking tonight.

OK, Angus mode /off.

I am trying as hard as I can to laugh about this, but I tell you what. I was pretty disappointed. Angus is capable of SO MUCH BETTER than he showed today. :-\ Again, it was like some dog I had pulled off the street. Tripping me on the figure eight ??? WTH was that? Angus does a beautiful figure eight. It's one of his best things.

Sigh. :

We got a 155. 30 points off for moving on the Stand for Exam.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Obedience Trials Day Three: Simon is an AMATEUR!!!!

awww, Connie, I know how frustrated you must feel. Don't get discouraged.
    Your adventures with Angus are just wonderful to read about...the good and bad..the highs, the lows.

Aww sorry about your day. There will be lots of better days, I bet and you'll be able to look back and laugh.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Don't let it get to you. Angus is wonderful & so full of life & fun. I know how you feel though, Molly was entered in the singles event at our retriever club. I mean, she has her started title in NAHRA so that should not have been hard. Well I was standing at the line & instead of going straight for the duck....she headed for the dirt road. : Many hand signals & whistles later & my blood pressure probably sky high, she did eventually get the darn duck.
    But all in all it was a fun day because I was with her.
    I think Angus & Simon are doing great.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Linda and I tell our students with the challenging and spirited dogs, that they are our favorites to train. Hang in there with both your boys ............ they will challenge and enthrall you in different ways!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Anne is offline Senior Member

Well, I guess you could say that Angus knows his mommy well. You see, he knows how much you enjoy your OB trials, therefore, he is prolonging the pleasure!

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Oh man, Connie. What if your guys just sailed through with perfect marks every time? There'd be nothing but dull blank pages here. I take that back. You are the one person who could liven up a blank page anywhere.

Seamus and Flynn

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

I whipped out my very best Mr. Peepers ever!!! YEAH!!! Oh, it was glorious and there for all to see! I kept Mr. Peepers out for the entire sit stay! Then when she put me into a down, I turned around and put my head between my legs to tell Mr. Peepers to go away now. Mom had to take my head from between my legs to make me stop. So funny!
    Oh, Connie. It really *is* funny--I'm sorry, but it is. I'm glad you can laugh about it, at least in retrospect. At any rate, you turned it into one hell of a story.

Angus will chill; he just needs more practice so he's not so overstimulated. That's where I am with Theo, too.

And when he does chill, you will miss your Monkey Boy. Isn't it funny how that works?

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

Dear Angus --

Cool stories. Reminds me of some of my escapades in the ring. Isn't Mr Peepers during sits just the funniest thing ever? I used to try to see who I could get to blush. And if you PANT, Mr P bobs up and down, increasing his entertainment value 10x.

Your friend in mayhem.

Wesley

;D ;D ;D ;D

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

Oh Connie! I'm laughing so hard tears are rolling down my cheeks! I know you are disappointed and I'm sorry. But dang girl! You sure can tell a story!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast