Feeling sad...

Thread: Feeling sad...

DefaultFeeling sad...

I love my dogs, I would to be without them for a second. My latest pup I bought from a superb breeder in Europe specifically to show. I did tons of research, selected my breeder, drove for well over a 1000 miles to collect my pup, paid a lot of money (more than I could really afford but she was to be my future). The first thing I find is that she is optigen B - a carrier of PRA...(a 50/50 chance as I know her Dad was A but Mum had not been tested). Now at 7 months she has not got full dentiton (not the breeders fault I know =- both parents have full dentition). I feel that everything is going against me and I just wanna cry - irrational I know. :'(

Sorry, I just felt like sharing - I hope you don't mind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Feeling sad...

I'm not quite sure what that is, could you explain? ???

Dani is offline Senior Member

I'm curious, since I don't know how it works in Europe...but how is it that you got a pup for show? Have you been on a list for a long time? Do you co-own this dog with the breeder? I am only asking because here in the states you have to be involved and get to know people before they will even give you a shot at a show quality dog.

Oh and I know that there are plenty of Optigen B dogs that are used for breeding and are championship dogs. Seems to me you should have known this prior to purchasing though.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I found this bitch pup and approached the breeder. I expected to be a a long waiting list but by co-incidence (and I have absolutely no reason to question the integrity of this breeder - she is THE top breeder in France and has been breeding top quality dogs for over 30 years) she had a bitch puppy where she had a waiting list of potential owners but I was the only one who expressed an interest in showing so she let me have her. She will only let her top quality pups go to homes where they intend to show - after all the dogs have her name on them! I spoke to the breeder on the phone many times and also with other breeders. I am involved in dog sports and training with another of my labs and already compete with her but in agility not "beauty".

I have just come off the phone with my breeder - another hour long chat! I am feeling much happier now. ;D

It was me that had my dog Optigen tested. It is not as widely used in Europe as it is in the US. I had to ship the blood to the US myself. I knew there would be a 50/50 chance of her being a carrier as her Mum was untested but, well, you hope don't you?

WigWag Guest

Chin up! There are far worse things that can "go wrong" than being Optigen B and missing a few teeth! If she is a pretty bitch with a great temperament and passes her hips and elbows and CERF then jump up and down with joy - you are one of the lucky ones! Some judges will overlook missing teeth - there are many top champion stud dogs in this country who have as many as 8 missing teeth. Optigen B is no big deal at all - just choose an Optigen clear to breed her to - there are a lot of dogs tested here in the states and in Canada and I would bet by the time she is old enough to breed there will be an even larger selection over in Europe as well.

wyntercreek labradors uk Guest

Well you would be hard pressed to find a better blood line than THE GREAT NAME OF :SANDYLANDS: and they are here in England so why go to france.

Polar bear Caption ::Aww dont get upset gimme a hug.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hee, hee cos I live in France!! My pup is a Tintagel Winds pup - you can't get much better than that in mainland Europe!

Wig wag - she is very pretty and has a lot of positive points - it's ME being irrational! ;D She has her own web page on her breeder's website!!

AND she is a Miss January on a UK Loveable Labradors calendar (cuddly pups)(http://www.furbabies.co.uk/product_i...roducts_id/181)

Hell! Why do I feel sad? ;D ;D

wyntercreek labradors uk Guest

O you live in france :'(, ok .but you still wont beat the Sandylands blood line.
    Well thats what we think, ;D but there again you would probally expect that because we are English and of course so are SANDYLANDS.
    hope this is not going to start another war between the English and french.

oopps here I go again just cannot hold my bear

[attachment deleted by admin]