Pickle's Foster Mom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pickle's Foster Mom

dare1969 Guest

DefaultPickle's Foster Mom

I've got a question. I have been keeping in touch w/ Pickle's foster mom, sending her pics, giving her updates and all that kind of stuff. Tomorrow I planned on bringing Pickles by to see her breifly while she works an adoption event.

Is this ok to do, or will it confuse Pickles? I kind of don't know because I've never had a dog that has been fostered.

I've started volunteering w/ the rescue that I got Pickles from, and her foster mom will be there because she runs the adoption events, so naturally she will see her because I plan on bringing Pickles w/ me when I work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Anne is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Pickle's Foster Mom

Geez, I wouldn't think that would confuse Pickles. I would guess that she has been with you long enough (since Xmas, right?) to be able to differentiate.

Hopefully, someone in the "know" will respond. Either way, I think it is super nice of you to keep in contact with Pickles' foster.

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

I think that is neat.

I'm with Anne on this one.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dare1969 Guest

i wouldn't think it would either, but ya never know.

I would have thought more people would have put their 2 cents in

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

I got in touch with the family in the guide dog program who raised Sundance, and they invited us to an event last month. It had been three months since they'd given him up and a bit longer than that since we'd adopted him.

I can honestly say that in our case, Sundance seemed fine. He was excited to see them, along with some other old friends, but I sensed that he "got" it that I'm his mom now.

I think it's great that you're staying in touch with his foster mom. I bet she appreciates hearing about Pickles. I'm really glad I'm in touch with Sundance's first family. It's interesting to talk about the boy I love so much with people who also loved him, and know him as well as SU and I. They've also said that seeing him that last time helped them let go.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

MickeysMom is offline Senior Member

I can only say this; my Mom does Cairn Terrier rescue, and she has the foster for her first rescue pupper-sit for her when she goes away. (I have no fencing, and her boy Angus isn't really fond of Mickey. :'( It's a first for the Mickster, and he's always heart broken when Angus is mean to him) I think it depends on the dog, Fergie seems ok with it.
    WooT!<br /><br /><br />He made it too! <br />

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't be too concerned. Unless the foster mom had Pickle for years (doubtful) she'll just be another familiar person to Pickle and that's a nice thing.

My adopted border collie used to have a bit of a hard time seeing his former mom of four years leave our house after visits, but with time that passed. At first it was like "Mommy don't go!" and then it was "See ya next time!"

Let us know how it goes, okay?

Seamus and Flynn

boonesmom Guest

i think that would be great. i am sure pickle's foster would love to see her. that's great that you are volunteering with the rescue group. let me know how it goes.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

I don't think it would be so confusing for Pickles. I think she would be more happy to be out and about.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

sloigo is offline Senior Member

I love it when I get to see my former fosters. They know who feeds them at night, there has never been a problem with them going back where they belong even when I have doggy sat them for a week while their mom & dad went on vacation. Have a good time!
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast