New Puppy - Diet and Behaviour! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Puppy - Diet and Behaviour!

DefaultRe: New Puppy - Diet and Behaviour!

Quote Originally Posted by zrie
    Oh no!

I smacked bailey today for biting me. I was cleaning up after her when she decide to bite me and later run over and bite me hard enough to draw blood. I just decided to smack her with quite a fair bite of strength and she darted away.

Bah!
    ummm this one is my first one, and what helps me with Maya is I go psssh!, and tap her on the side of her back area. Then give her something to chew(toy) Don't hit her, but tap enough to distract what she is doing. I also do stop it!, but i think its best to keep it to one or the other maybe.

These little guys are know for chewing like crazy! If she bites your hand yelp!...she doesn't want to hurt you so she'll learn to stop. Again...this is just what has worked for me, and Its my first pet ever.

I also heard that its the caffeine thats bad for them...not just the coco

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

If I am not wrong, caffeine in chocolates come from cococa? Not exactly certain though. Anyways, there isn't any caffeine. It's healthy stuff, like milk solids and stuff.

Yes, I didn't exactly mean to hit her though. No she doesn't get a yelp or what, and "no" doesn't work for her too. "No bite" seems to work depending on her mood.

I think I am going back to crating her.

Oh! I can hold her muzzle together, which works now and then. I think she thinks it's fun =\ she just sits there and let me hold them together for quite a while. haha!

Almost forgot!

I would hold mine down on her back everytime she bit me until she gave out a loud "sigh" If she did it again back she goes on her back. You have to hold her so she cant get away or bite you. Grab her by her arm pits

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Okie, sounds great. I tried before but didn't seem to work as well, btu will try again.

Maya looks great =) nice ears. Mine doesn't have such even colored years. hahaha!

Anyways just another question, is this a puppy stage whereby she'll eventually stop or is this a habit which you have to make your dog snap out of? I've cuts and marks all over now =\

Quote Originally Posted by zrie
    Okie, sounds great. I tried before but didn't seem to work as well, btu will try again.

Maya looks great =) nice ears. Mine doesn't have such even colored years. hahaha!

Anyways just another question, is this a puppy stage whereby she'll eventually stop or is this a habit which you have to make your dog snap out of? I've cuts and marks all over now =\
    Like I said she has stop biting my hand...the thing is you don't know if they are playing or trying to be dominate. If you let them get alway with it she will do it when she is older. I've tryed to get mine to bite me by rubbing her skin she is going to grow into around some what fast....she'll bite her own hand instead of me. It took me maybe 5 days to get her to stop, but im also home all day.

Well Maya at 11 weeks still chews on the carpet.........she even chewed my PC tower which is made out of aluminum! so just remember that they need to chew on something. ICE seams to help. I make her sit and shake my hand for some ICE, and she loves it!

okie.

today might be a bad day. she didn't pee at the right place once. argh!!

how frustrating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12