what do you keep your dog food in?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you keep your dog food in?

Defaultwhat do you keep your dog food in?

We had these containers that you could dump a 40lb bag into, and the bowls were on top. It worked perfect for two dogs. Well the other day I went to clean them, and OMG- it was so nasty! What would be a good thing to store dog food in? All I can come up with for an idea is one of the tins you can buy popcorn in

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: what do you keep your dog food in?

I bought a food container from my pet store. It's white plastic with a top that spins off and then locks back on with airholes in it. It holds the 20 pound bagful.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

I keep most of the food in the basement in one of those big rubbermaid type containers. About once a week I fill up an old popcorn tin (that I spray painted so it's a sold color) that sits on top of the fridge.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thats kinda what we have, but is plastic a good thing to keep food in? I just recall reading plastic was the best option, but maybe im wrong?

MickeysMom is offline Senior Member

We got one of these huge industrial food containers you see in food service cafeterias. When the food runs out, you have to clean it good, or it gets greasy, but it's vacuum sealed and pest proof!
    WooT!<br /><br /><br />He made it too! <br />

I bought a large Sterlite (sp?) plastic tub with a snap kinda lid on it. Holds 40#'s of food nicely. It sits on my counter.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    I bought a food container from my pet store....
    LOL Guess where I just came from? ;D

Amy, is that the one with the green designs on the side? He has those containers up high enough that I can't get a real good look at them. I'm actualy thinking of getting the Vital Vault stackable one. Right now I have a Stack-N- Store (I think that's what it's called). My gosh, I've had it for over 16 years now. Back then it was only available through RC Steele (now PetSmart), but now you can get them in WalMart.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

We have a rubbermaid container and it holds a 20# bag but I leave it in the bag so I can fold the top down to keep it fresher. I know weird, however the lid snaps on and I have a bungie cord over it hooking into the handles because some nosey yellow lab learned how to flip the top off and help herself. It is even under a counter but she pulled it out and had a buffet. :

rushpuppy, that was cute about the buffet ;D

I meant to say I recall hearing plastic WASNT ideal for dog food. I suppose I could keep it in the bag, in the container- that would probably work good. Is this true of plastic bowls too? Is ceramic, or metal better?

I have these, the smaller one is for the cats and the bigger one is Bandit's I just fil 'em up once a week and keep them in the pantry. They are cheap I got both for $13.00 at drsfosternandsmith.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast