How long to stick with food.

Thread: How long to stick with food.

DefaultHow long to stick with food.

I posted this in the F and N section as well:

I have a 10 week old pup. When we picked him up he had very soft stool. The vet said he had a lot of bacteria in his stool and gave us some antibiotics. His stool wasn't as bad but never what i'd call hard.

For two weeks we gradually took him off Diamond Puppy (which we can't get in our area) and moved him over to Cali Natural C & R. He has been on 100% Cali Nat. for about 10 days now. He has never had a truly solid stool however (not on diamond or cali) and last night he had diarrhea.

He had a second vet visit last weekend. They sent away his stool for more scrutineous tests and it came back fine.

My question is how long should I stick with this food before trying something new?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: How long to stick with food.

I beleive I've been told a month. Are you feeding the same amount of the new stuff as the old stuff? I beleive the Cali natural is a richer food so you may not need to feed as much. Hopefully others will have more insight

DefaultRe: How long to stick with food.

Thanks for the reply BA,

I do feed him less than I did of the diamond and less than they recommend on the bag. At 9 weeks he weighed 11 3/4 lbs. They recommended 2 1/4 cups. He gets 2 cups and has very little food drive so it's hard to tell. I have to hang out around him and his kong to get him to eat. If I walk away he just gets up and follows.

Most of his food comes from Sit, Stand and Down training as well as "drop it" once he retrieves.