I am venting!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am venting!!!

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultI am venting!!!

I just got a call from my contact from the shelter here locally...and while the shelter had a good week (they didn't put down any dogs)...and there was a lady that was apparently checking out my website and the counties' website and complained to her that we only had one dog listed on our website. > Why weren't we taking more dogs from them? WTF? What right does she have to judge the number of dogs we have in rescue? I am fuming mad right now. Gage is the only dog listed right now because I just spent 6.5 weeks of being pretty sick (and I am still not 100%), my neighbor is pregnant and is having morning sickness, my other neighbor is at the police academy and we are out of fosters for the time being; however, the shelter's been adopting dogs pretty steadily and again, where does she get off judging how many and when we take dogs?

Damn. The nerve of some folks!

Sorry...that just pissed me off.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I am venting!!!

Beeotch!

I'd be pissed too.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Some people are totally clueless!

Thank you for all you have done and are doing to rescue animals in need! Those who do have a clue appreciate all that you do.

Nick & Nora (Rescued Dogs both)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Was this woman a rescue person herself?

What's it's her business? Is she going to foster all the ones you pull????? People just irritate the crap out of me.
    Brenda from Connecticut

You should have laid on the guilt real heavy. Well I've only been in and out of the hospital worried out of my mind that I might have a brain tumor...... Then rip her a new one for being such a beotch.

dare1969 Guest

I'd tell her the situation, and ask when you can bring a dog by for her to foster...that should shut her up. glad you are feeling better

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I love it when people who know nothing about a situation start complaining about it > I'd be fuming too! Who is this woman to judge and complain?!?!?!? You and your friends do amazing work!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Finnigan is offline Senior Member

I'd probably call her and find out how many she is fostering! Then also ask her to do half of what you do just lend a hand if she is so concerned. Maybe that will make her think! Hope you're feeling better.

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

Some people just aren't smart enough. I wouldn't waste anymore energy on the matter. It's pointless.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Let me just start off by saying thank you... in these few weeks that i have been here since i have signed up you have given some good advice not just to me but to other people and posts here that have helped me in my self training with Roxy. so for someone who has no clue about you and what you do to say something like that is just outright rude! > they have no right and keep doing what you do cause what doesn't break you only makes you stronger. ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast