Does he lift his leg yet
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does he lift his leg yet

Mybabymambo Guest

DefaultDoes he lift his leg yet

Ok, So Mambo is now almost 11 months. But he still doesnt lift his leg. How many others have males that still pee like a girl? Or those who have lifters, how long did it take for them to lift. I could care less, just curious. Poor Mambo since he doesnt have his man parts, he is always called a girl. He has a blue collar, what girls where blue?? Maybe if he lifted his leg they may see his manhood and know..lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bibber is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does he lift his leg yet

Both my boys still squat. Bodie is 3 and Sam is 4. Bodie very rarely will lift his leg.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Buck is 1 and he doesn't lift his leg either. Once in a while he might. But it's pretty rare.

I heard it's a learned behaviour...I don't know if that's true or not....
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

Rider started lifting around 16 months. My neighbors lab started at 3...both still squat or do a slight "lifting lean". Rider only lifts some of the time.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Seamus is a bit over four years old and still squats. Sort of. Never has hiked his leg.

Seamus and Flynn

Mybabymambo Guest

I took Mambo to the park last week sometimes. He was hanging out with this dog while me and the owner were talking. Well his male wwent potty and Mambo has this look on his face, than he looked at me. Me and the owner were laughing. Mambo was thinking. He why does he pee like that.

Raleigh squats ... I think it's because he learned from his older sister. :P

He will lift when he is masking the scent of another dog on a lamp post, etc ... but when he just has to "go", it's always a squat. ;D

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

Sundance is a year old and he squats. Although ocassionally he'll slightly lift a back leg...

My previous dog was a leg-lifter and it was messy. He'd mark and leave a vertical trail of pee on bushes and stuff. Yuck. I hope Sundance remains a squatter.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

Denali has never been around "male" dogs...all the dogs he knows are females.....One day I came home from work...took him out and he lifted his leg.....on an ordinary day...I was thrilled...like my child had just been potty trained or something...LOL

Denali was around 8 months old...I was shocked! He fell over a lot at first but now has gotten the hang of it..I was afraid after he got fixed that he wouldn't do it anymore...but still does....But we have friends who have a 6 yo lab that still doesn't..I think it depends on the dog...not so much the environment..since Denali has never been around a male dog....

Samson is offline Senior Member

Jasper reaches for the sky and Samson isn't far off only his legs aren't as strong as they were

Jasper stopped squatting at 6 months and Smason still does from time to time

Does it matter ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast