Our Labs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Labs

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultOur Labs

I know in doing my research before I got Tal that Labs love being around their people and I know from reading all of your posts that is true. I guess, for some reason, it has begun to sink in here lately. He follows me around the house for the most part. Sometimes he will go lay down and sleep on the couch if I am at the computer or in the kitchen.

One of the funniest things he does is if I am in the kitchen and he is in the LR on the couch, every once in awhile he will come and just peek around the door and watch me for a few seconds then go back to his couch. I love seeing those little eyes and that kind face looking at me...now if I could just get him to fold and put up the clothes after they get done in the dryer..lol.

Now that I have experienced what having a dog is like I cannot see myself ever being without a dog....and I always want it to be a Lab.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Our Labs

Yep, they are wonderful. Eddie does the same to me, he's my shadow.

I didn't have dogs growing up and have had carious types, shapes and sizes for the past 9 years and cannot imagine life without them.

I miss the puppy stage but enjoy the adult stage in a totally different way.

Enjoy Tal, I have since he came home. I like hearing about your relationship with him.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by abpingue
    Yep, they are wonderful. Eddie does the same to me, he's my shadow.

I didn't have dogs growing up and have had carious types, shapes and sizes for the past 9 years and cannot imagine life without them.

I miss the puppy stage but enjoy the adult stage in a totally different way.

Enjoy Tal, I have since he came home. I like hearing about your relationship with him.
    Thanks..I have had him 4 months..he just turned 6 months and I cannot believe haw fast the time has flown by!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

We had several different breeds of dogs when our sons were growing up but once we got a lab I noticed a big difference. I don't know if it is there "people sense" or what. We had GSD;s & English Setters & I love all dogs, but there is something really special about labs.
    I swore when our last lab died I was NOT getting another dog. I was heart broken. But like you said I missed that face waiting at the window when I got home from work, the love & companionship that they give. I hated the empty house.
    So now...I have two labs & I would not trade them for all the money in the world. Like you said....they follow us everywhere, go on vacation with us, sleep in our bed. They just become a part of the family.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Wait until he gets older. There is nothing better than an older mature male. Hudler was always a good dog, but once he got over 5, he got cuddly and very sweet!!! We're hoping our next will be boy again!

They do tend to shadow you around the house. One thing you will also learn is that they can be very very quiet. You almost instinctively learn to look behind you before stepping back because they will sneak out of nowhere and sit right behind you. Have you experienced the 'Sneak Attack" where you get a cold wet nose poked against the back of your leg? Boy, that can really get you going in the morning while you are brushing your teeth. ;D

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

...and as he gets older, you'll have many, many more Mommy's brag threads. Looking forward.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I know exactly what you are talking about. You just fall so in love with them that life without them would be miserable. One of my favorite things Rush does is when I sit on the couch at night to watch tv or read the paper, she drapes herself across my lap. Ahhhh nothing like it. And Boo, she is such a funny thing, when she drops a toy off the couch, she makes the funniest sounds because she knows her daddy will pick it up for her. Boy they wrap us right around their little paws don't they. (I wouldn't want to be anywhere else either! )

I call Maya my Shadow. She is always at my feet while I'm on the Computer, following me from room to room (Even the bathroom!lol. I have to close the door now for privacy), and Usually on the bed by my side while I watch tv. I think it's great.

I know what you mean, there is no better feeling- except when they just come up to you and give you a kiss for no reason. There love is so unconditional

Thats why, it breaks my heart over and over to see labs (and any dog really) in shelters. A little love and attention (and exercise) gos so far with a lab.

I live in VT and the temps are suppose to get to -30 with the wind chill tonight, it makes me sad to think of all the dogs who arent cuddled up with there moms and dads and are left outside on nights like tonight :'(

Last night we were talking about what we would do if we won the megabucks (dreaming I know!) but I think I would start the biggest animal shelter and just spend all day lovin' up the pups and spaying and nutering all the dogs that need to be.

Im sorry to get off topic, but I just love my labs and when I think of how lucky all the pups are on this forum to have the Moms and Dads they do, it gets me to thinking about all the poor pups that dont.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast