Mickey; the weekend/bath/party report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mickey; the weekend/bath/party report

MickeysMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultMickey; the weekend/bath/party report

So, I thought I'd make everyone feel so much better about how their labs behave by reporting in on Mickey's performance this weekend. For those of you who don't know, Mickey has some 'issues' around taking baths, and some general difficulty in behaving. Lately he has been improving (Thank You Lord, please don't let me jinx it) but this weekend was a real test. Let's start with the bath...

I purchased a nice rug to go in the hallway before the stairs. I stumbled on the fact that my nutty dog won't run across Persian rugs; something about the patterns makes him slow down and gingerly step over them. Why? I can't even venture a guess, but the good news is that it stops him from skidding into the 'Forbidden Lobotomy Livingroom' on his way to go potty. So, Friday I applied this to the upstairs hallway with very mixed results. After his tub, he shot out of the bathroom and stopped short just before it. It's got the skid mat under it, so I knew he couldn't ride it down the stairs like a magic carpet, but I never anticipated that he wouldn't walk over it at all. I put it in place before I closed the bathroom door, and I had to lift it up before he'd go back down the stairs. Good news is that he didn't fall down the stairs, the bad news is that he jumped on the leather couch during his 'Victory Lap' instead of our bed upstairs. : We now have two tiny holes from his sharp back nails in one cushion.

Saturday, while we were busy trying to arrange all the baby stuff neatly, Mickey 'helped' by bringing us each small item we thought we had put away. The stackable ring toy, the blocks, even the lotion bottle were promptly retrieved just as soon as they were away. Eventually, this earned him a timeout, followed by a nice long walk, but neither improved his demeanor in the least. We broke out the tennis ball and played 'fetch' while we decorated, but he wasn't impressed. He managed to pull one coloring book apart and play 'keep away' with a glove before he was tucked in for bedtime. :

Sunday, looking shiny and gorgeous, he greeted most of the visitors nicely, until it was time for him to go upstairs because 'UncleAllergies' had arrived. From that point on, it sounded like we had a Tasmanian devil and Micheal Myers trapped in our bedroom in a fight to the death. All you heard was furniture being moved, growls, howls and whining, until he was finally freed when 'UncleAlergies' left. At that point, most of the more formal folks (grands and such) had gone home, and only the fun people were left. Mickey entertained them all with his antics; games like 'Look What I can Reach', 'Mad Booty Sniffer', 'You Can't Pet Me' and 'Mine!' brought the house down. Eventually, everyone went home, and Mickey started his crumb patrol. The final act of naughtiness for the night was for him to bring a plate of Eggplant Rollatini down and snarf it up in one move. He ended up belching horrible odoriferousness a half hour later when we were all relaxing by the TV (better out than in, and better that end than the other...).
    WooT!<br /><br /><br />He made it too! <br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kate is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Mickey; the weekend/bath/party report

Great story!

Misty is wierd about some things like Mickey is with the rug, can't figure out why either.

Mickey's rebuttal: But Mom, I was just helping you entertain your guests and clean up after them!

Aren't we comfortable!

HA! Yeah, I could almost swear Mickey was winking at me here and there...like he was saving a boring party or sumthin'. ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

That's hilarious! I love your descriptions, especially of "Look What I Can Reach" and "Mad Booty Sniffer." ;D

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

He's a ham, he only really does the bad stuff when he has an audience. Well, I guess for the booty sniffing he'd HAVE to have an audience, or sniff his own booty... ;D

tuckersmom is offline Senior Member

Oh Mickey, it's not easy being quirky. smooches to you :-*

lol @ booty sniffer

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Cute funny story! I love your humorous writing style.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Great story! I can just imagine the magic carpet ride...........

LOL - I just love reading all the Mickey Stories! Sounds like he likes to keep things uhmm... lively ;D lol!

Thanks for sharing the stories , good thing you didn't have to pay a clown for fees when you have one that will do it for free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast