Peaceful night...NOT! (1 pic)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peaceful night...NOT! (1 pic)

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

DefaultPeaceful night...NOT! (1 pic)

SU and I took Sundance with us to Napa over the weekend for a nice relaxing time in wine country. We went to some dog-friendly wineries, including one that had tables and chairs on an outside patio so we could hang around while sampling sparkling wines. It was great, and the weather was warm and wonderful. Sundance was a good boy, relaxing at our feet and enjoying lots of lovins from other visitors.

We ended our day by staying at a dog-friendly B&B, where Sundance again basked in all sorts of attention from other guests. Good pup. Then bedtime came.

Our B&B was on a busy street near downtown Napa. Not overly noisy, by any means, but we could hear cars pass by; many more than what goes through our neighborhood on a given night. Well, Sundance took it upon himself to let us know whenever one went by. He’d approach the bed, all wiggle-butt, and nudge us. “Hey, just thought you should know, I heard another car.” We tried moving his bed closer to ours, told him repeatedly to go back to bed, and tried to get him to calm himself. He’d settle down for a few minutes, then look out the second-story window again and come get us. This went on all night.

A few times when he heard other B&B guests in the hallway at ungodly hours, Sundance BARKED. Yes, barked. :

I should have brought the white noise machine from our bedroom to block out the street sounds and wish I’d realized that this was a big change in environment for him. He’s done so well every place we’ve taken him during the day that I didn’t anticipate him having any adjustment problems. Poor guy.

And poor us! SU and I looked like zombies after returning home from our “relaxing” weekend. We couldn’t wait to get home to take a nap. And as Sundance dozed while we were getting dressed, SU couldn’t help but nudge him and say “Hey, a dog just passed by! I thought you’d wanna know.”

Looking innocent in front of the B&B fake fireplace/heater

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Peaceful night...NOT! (1 pic)

That is such a cute picture of Sundance! With the exception of not getting any sleep, it sounds like a wonderful weekend! I know how it is to be kept up all night by a dog in an unfamiliar place though...it's NOT fun!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Ah - he was just protecting you from those pesky cars! Sounds like fun even if you returned home sleep deprived. My question is (and it's off the original subject) is how do you get the border on your sigy picture?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

Even though I'm grumbling, the daytime part of our excursion was a blast. I'm glad we went and took Sundance, even though he tried to "save" us at night.

My question is (and it's off the original subject) is how do you get the border on your sigy picture?
    I have no idea. I'm a spazz when it comes to that stuff. You'd have to ask Jeff, Aidan's dad, who was kind enough to make the siggy for me. ;D

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

Sounds like a really amazing time! He is so lucky that you found such great places to take him.

Ummm...sorry about the no sleep part :-\

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh man! Well, you are SO lucky to live close enough to take him to Napa!!! I didn't notice it being that dog-friendly when we were there, but I wasn't really looking for it either. That sounds like so much fun!

Well, except for the not getting any sleep part. : If it makes you feel any better, Angus did the same thing when we took him for an overnight at our last show. We had his travel crate, and that helped some, but EVERY TIME anyone would walk down the halls he would bark. :-[ Thank goodness he stopped when asked. But it didn't stop him from doing it again an hour later. :-*

Silly boys!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brigettas Mom
    That is such a cute picture of Sundance! With the exception of not getting any sleep, it sounds like a wonderful weekend! I know how it is to be kept up all night by a dog in an unfamiliar place though...it's NOT fun!
    My thoughts exactly! He was just trying to protect you guys!

And glad you had a great time in Napa..sounds like a nice weekend except for the all nighter..

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

And as Sundance dozed while we were getting dressed, SU couldn’t help but nudge him and say “Hey, a dog just passed by! I thought you’d wanna know.”
    I'd be doing the same thing.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Sounds like a good trip, and he was just doing his job!

I would have done the same thing SU did!

georgie is offline Senior Member

It sounded like a great weekend...even with no sleep. That is a beautiful picture of Sundance. And you never know what a car may do!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast