Wanader, wander, wander, sniff, sniff, sniff.

Thread: Wanader, wander, wander, sniff, sniff, sniff.

DefaultWanader, wander, wander, sniff, sniff, sniff.

Unless he's tired from playing or a walk, all Angus does is wander around the house , smelling & licking (and of course, trying to swipe things :). He's 5 months old and I know it is prfectly normal behaviour, but does anyone else get mentally exhausted following their dogs around making sure they don't get into thinngs?

(of course, he fact that I also have to entertain my 4yr old adds to this, and I do crate Angus when we are doing something where I would not be able to watch him, like painting, or crafting, etc. )He's fine with that. At what age did your labs figure out that it was indeed their home, and they don't need to wander all over, sniffing it up & down like they were in a strange place? ;D Maybe I have a tracking lab?! LOL!

(Man, I am so whiny today, thanks for listening)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Wanader, wander, wander, sniff, sniff, sniff.

LOL, this sounds just like my Hank. I think he will do this til the day he dies. Although Hank isn't inside as much, he still is in enough to know that he has covered that entire house about 500 times. But he still feels the need to do it. Not every time though, but I know the feeling of wanting to follow closely behind to make sure they aren't going to find something they are not suppose to.

emccase is offline Senior Member

Mckenzie is 10 months old and still does this, she will get into anything and everything within her reach. I finally got a baby gate to keep her in the living room with us when we're watching tv and its been a life saver. Normally if I'm doing dishes or somthing and can keep a half an eye on her I'll just gate her in the living room with her toys. Of course I've put away every nick nack and piece of decor that she could possibly swipe until she understands *someday* that they are not her toys, : Eventually you just get used to it, and I have to say my house is much neater since she's been home ;D. Good luck hang in there.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mckenzie the lab and Maddie the Mastiff wanna be.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Definately tiring. he's lucky he's cute.

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

After all these years I finally learned to keep one eye and one ear tuned on the dogs. I'm not sure if the sniffing ever really stops. Eventually they become trust worthy and you don't have to worry as much when they're out of sight.

When I don't hear anything is when I look to see what they're up to. ;D
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Quote Originally Posted by labs4life
    When I don't hear anything is when I look to see what they're up to. ;D
    I'm that way with my kids