Female Humping

Thread: Female Humping

DefaultFemale Humping

Allie recently started humping her football. When we get to wrestling around with it and im fighting her for it, she begins humping. I've made it clear that I don't care for this action by giving a firm no and even pushing her away and ignoring her. Allie is 18 months old now, and has never done this until this last week. Is this a phase?

Her football is her favorite toy by far, and I've heard people say they hump what they love, so should I take it up for a while?

I'm not sure how to proceed, so your advice would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Female Humping

Nellie has a big fleece ball she was given by a secret santa a year ago. It is one of her favorite toys and when she starts playing she humps it. I just ignore her since this does not happen very often. Maybe someone else has a suggestion but I don't think it's a problem.

Hunter is offline Senior Member

;D ;D ;D
    Reminds me of the Movie "Click" with Adam Sandler. The Golden Retreiver was constantly humping a huge stuffed yellow duck.

What she is doing is not a big problem, she is just showing dominance. If it really bothers you, remove the toy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

You're lucky it's just the football.

Zoe's friend humps any toy larger than a football (and we have lots of them in our home), as well as Zoe's bed! Everytime Tasha comes over, we have to put Zoe's bed on the recliner, and even so, Tasha will still attempt to hump it while standing up!
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

There is a very long thread about this in the Training section titled "Sexual Puppy Question".
    Olie

Thanks all for the replies....