Just Labradors banner

Maggie - spay today

760 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  imported_gailatmsu 
G
#1 ·
Maggie is going in for her "laser spaying" this morning. She is wondering why mommy is not feeding her any breakfast (its 5:49am where I am). She gets dropped off at 8:30 and I get to pick her up between 4-5pm tonight.

Please keep your paws crossed - I know everything will be fine but I always get nervous for my fur babies on neuter/spay days.

~Kim (mom to Maggie, Nazzy and Jasper the cat)

#2 ·
We always feel so guilty looking at their little faces knowing they don't understand why we aren't feeding them. I am sure your little girl will be just fine, we will keep her in our thoughts today.

G
#10 ·
Picked Maggie up about an hour ago and she is giving me the "what the hey did you do to me look?"

She is whimpering a little at me...but then she settles again...she did get a shot for pain management so I'm not sure why she is whimpering? Poor thing. We had her tattoo'd as well (ear) so maybe that stings a bit???

Her incision site looks really good...I can hardly see it...she has dissolving stitches inside and the glue on the outside. Looks really clean...no redness or swelling (thus far). She has gotten sick once (could be the combination of the car ride and the anaesthetic).

I'm just glad she is home...shaved belly and all....and she is now 49.5 lbs so we just squeaked in for the under 50lb rate.

#12 ·
Glad to hear she's home and doing fairly well. Poor girl. Brees gets spayed on Friday. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.