The meanest "joke" you've ever played on you dog?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The meanest "joke" you've ever played on you dog?

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe meanest "joke" you've ever played on you dog?

Or funniest in your opinion.

Yesterday, Jason took Rider and Drake to the pond that they normally swim at in the summer. They are very in tune with the driving route and know the landmarks going there. When they reach a residence hall on campus near the pond, they start whining and screaming and getting really excited because they know they are going swimming. Well, it's winter...there is alot of snow and it was colder than heck yesterday. But Jason took them anyways. Sure enough, they reach the Towers and the screaming machines kick in and they are so excited.

They jump out of the car and bolt for where the pond *should* be....and guess what...it's completely frozen over. Jason said the look on their faces were priceless...like WTF? It's not deep pond so it's been frozen over for some time now...they had to be happy with running around while Jason ice skated around. Which I think they were okay with. I do know that Rider would have much preferred a swim, even in the 18 degree weather, but it made me laugh anyways, especially when Jason called and said, "I pissed your dog off"... *tee hee*

I enjoyed that one.

What have you done to your pups that resulted in your laughter and them going WTF?
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tootsiesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The meanest "joke" you've ever played on you dog?

HAHA! THat is funny! Tiller did that a Gull Lake...ran to the lake and pounced...only to find ice.

I dress Tiller up in his new toys. Put them behind his collar, he eventually gets them but is pretty ticked in the process. Or put cookies in his stocking 2 weeks before Christmas He sits there and stares at the stocking LOL. He is such a gem.

Dani is offline Senior Member

HA HA!!! RIder has that squirrel too!
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

peanut butter on their noses. It's almost cruel but oh-so-funny!

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

I like to scare the girls at every opportunity I have. I love the look on their faces when you pop out from behind somewhere, and how almost ashamed they look when you are peeing your pants laughing.

Oh and I love getting Yeller with banana - she hates it. I will toss her apple pieces while I toss Abby banana pieces, and every so often I toss her a banana. She gets that big WTF? look on her face and spits it out quicker then I can even start laughing.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Listerine breath strips.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I'm still amused plus regretful and ashamed of something I did with my beloved Bess [BF, AKC bench line (competing breeder), 55 lbs, 1967-81] --

For many years we lived near a pond to which we walked every day and into which I'd sling her Training Dummy for her to swim and fetch over and over. Bess never waded into the pond. She'd run at it about as fast as she could, leap from the bank, and go soaring over the water 15-20 feet, back feet tucked under her, and then hitting the water with a magnificent splash. It didn't matter how cold the water was, she wanted to swim.

When she was about a year old, having gone to the same pond, same place, to retrieve from March - November, we had an overnight cold snap when the temp dropped to below zero and the shallow pond's surface froze hard and thick.

Bess and I went to our usual spot and I couldn't resist throwing the TD out. Bess took off as usual but instead of the splash, it was more of a thud-splat, and she went spinning like a carnival ride's spinning car. Then she slipped and slid after getting up and trying to run to the TD to pick it up and bring it back. Poor thing. :'( (But, fortunately, it never effected her fierce desire to retrieve. )

I don't think I've done anything like that with my beloved Puff [YF, AKC field line (competing breeder), 65 lbs., DOB: 8-'01]. Well, except maybe like this morning. We'd finished our hour walk in the nature preserve and I was at the car, whistling for Puff to come. She was interested in scientifically analyzing the scents of something and blew me off.

So I got in the car and began driving toward the street (about 3 blocks away) through the huge vacant parking lot.

Puff saw me leave and started chasing me. I stopped about a half block away from the street and let her in, hoping we reinforced the lesson that "come" doesn't mean "inna-few-minnits"

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Tied a helium balloon to a string, and tied the string to my choc lab's collar. Wherever she ran, that damn balloon followed her. She couldn't escape. Finally, she ran under the dining room table pulling the "thing" behind her...it POPPED (very loudly) and she scooted for her life out from underneath.

Horribly, horribly funny...but for the next 10 years of her life, she was terrified of balloons!

I felt really bad about scaring her, but my God...it was sooooo funny!

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

I put an "invisible" treat on her nose and told her to balance.
    She stayed very still and then I said, "Take it!"

She flipped her head to get the treat, but of course, there was none.

I put an invisible ball on the ground and say, "ja ready?"
    Then I kick air. She looks at me with the "what the heck" face.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I think the worst thing is when I am playing fetch with Tal, I will pretend to throw the ball and he will look at me like where did it go?? I don't do it much because he looks so disappointed when I do that!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast