TPLO on Friday..need "entertainment" ideas for post-op

Thread: TPLO on Friday..need "entertainment" ideas for post-op

DefaultTPLO on Friday..need "entertainment" ideas for post-op

Hi All -

Abby (choc female, 3 yo) is having TPLO surgery on Friday and as most know, post op needs to be "quiet time". I know this has been posted but I am looking for inventive ideas on keeping her occupied for the next few weeks.

Abby likes her nyla bone and will chew for a while, but soft toys are completely ruined within 3 mins. I am going to need to come up with multiple ideas to keep us all sane

I appreciate all ideas and good thoughts on Friday as well during surgery. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: TPLO on Friday..need "entertainment" ideas for post-op

Get her lots of cheap soft toys at least let her enjoy destuffing them in a confined space. I would suggest stuffed toy aisle at Goodwill.

Do you belong to the Ortho dogs, Silver Lining site? They have an entire board over there with ideas for keeping post op dogs occupied.
    Plus, it's a really great bunch of people who can support you during and after the surgery.

http://www.handicappedpets.com/Articles/ortho/index.htm

http://forum.oslf.org/index.php?sid=...6a96a46a76e000

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fergus had Cruciate surgery done in July (we did the traditional not TPLO) so I know how your feeling! We stocked our freezer full of marrow bones, it's the only thing that will keep him occupied and quiet for longer then a few minutes. What about frozen kongs, does Abby like those?? We usually freeze yogurt & mashed banana in Fergus'. That's all that works at our house, hope it helps a bit!! Good luck on Friday, we will be thinking of Abby

Thanks azlab's. I did sign up for the ortho dogs forum. I don't post here much but I read often and trust the opinions on this site. Thanks!

Thanks Fergus6644. Abby does like Kongs...she usually tears them up. We have never tried stuffing them with anything (treats) as Abby was on a diet previously. I will try the frozen yogart and frozen mashed banana...great idea thanks!

Appreciate the good thoughts as well