GROSS! Angus, don't put that in your mouth!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GROSS! Angus, don't put that in your mouth!

DefaultGROSS! Angus, don't put that in your mouth!

Anyone else's dogs eat dead/decaying things? : I let Angus out into our backyard (whick backs onto some forest) and he was reluctant to come back when I called. I noticed him munching something, so I called "TREAT", and he came running with the "thing" in his mouth, I made him "leave it" at the door ans it was a brownish, hard chunk of...something nasty. when he dropped it, his breath smelled horrid. It was either a frozen squirrel/mouse carcass, or a poopsicle. Either way, GROSS! :P Now I think I'll take him out on leash to do his business.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KLM

DefaultRe: GROSS! Angus, don't put that in your mouth!

Jake tries to. He found a VERY disgusting dead squirrel in the woods. We had to bury it and put a cinder block on top of it so he wouldn't dig it up. He still noses around it everytime we're out there! :-X

We've only had two incidents that I know of ...

Ivy ate a mouse carcass when she was really young.

Raleigh ate something a few months ago ... it was the heat of the summer, we were getting out of the truck, he jumped over to a spot under the pine tree ... then he gobbled up some sort of moist (yet crunchy) item that was covered in pine needles. Never knew what it was ... it was not recognizable on the other end ... at least it didn't make him sick. ???

Mine tend to roll in gross things, instead of eating them. ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

My girls do that too, Abby more then Molly. Last time they walked in the field Abby found some old deer horns & was munching on them. Deer poop is another delicacy they love. : Talk about bad breath!!

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Brigetta really hasn't had the opportunity too get into anything. She did get some cat poop that was outside when I first got her...you should have seen me washing her mouth out! Now my dog Prudence has gotten into many disgusting things. I used to live near the beach, so we were on it almost every day and Prudence would pick up or roll in dead fish, crabs, birds, really anything that was dead and stinky. That was the downside to letting her off-leash. I would look down the beach and see this little black dot squirming in the sand and I knew it was Prudence rolling in something!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Tucker goes into the field by us, and he's been munching on something...what I don't know. Small round somethings...either berries, or dried poop of some kind? I dunno, but it's hard to keep him out of the field. :

Angus is not turned off by anything : No kisses tonight, Angus!

I have 2 beagles : they will, do and have rolled in anything and everything dead,rotten, and the smellier the better HAHA!! Oh and they've eaten quite the number of things
    Allie (lab) likes smelly things, but no wheres near as much, and she listens to leave it better LOL.. so my beagles are far worse at that than my lab any day!

Oh ya. Hoss is into the "hot lunch program" as far as poopsicles are concerned...he now sports the ecollar on walks. I can usually tell whenthey "high nose" something (big air scenting posture) that they are onto something disgusting. We have coyotes and a Red-tailed Hawk that hunt my front pasture and bunny guts are frequent remains.

Oh Lord!

Fanny brought us back a dead fish from the backof the yard one time. The back of our yard has a 6 foot high fence across it, they have a dog. The yard on one side has a dog and and a fence and hedge and I know dead fish will never be there, and on our other side we have 2 fences. They have a dog also but dead fish will never go over the fence. So, the only place it could have come from is the house in back and it scares me to think they would throw dead fish over the fence. But as their whole back yard is a pool and a pagola and a dog run that's probably where it came from. Fanny liked it but we didn't! YUK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast