VERY worried about Ruger, Any Opinions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VERY worried about Ruger, Any Opinions?

DefaultVERY worried about Ruger, Any Opinions?

Of course today is Sunday.......regular vets not open.........I noticed last night at bedtime a hard-non movable lump on Rugers right hind leg, its on the inside of the leg on the joint right where the leg meets the paw ( I don't know the correct term) and I really think it could not have been there very long at all, both my husband and I notice all kinds of things like that. \It doesn't bother him at all, he's not limping or acting funny at all. He did go on a long walk and swim Friday, but he does that about 3 times a week, so its not like he's not used to exercise. We lost our golden to bone cancer 2 year ago, and he's going to the doctor Monday ASAP, but any ideas on what might have caused a lump to form to quickly? I wish it was soft or mushy, I sure would feel alot better

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mybabymambo Guest

DefaultRe: VERY worried about Ruger, Any Opinions?

Sorry I have no advice. I just hope the vet visit goes well. Please let us know how everything went.

What would be an ankle on a human on a dog is called the hock. Hopefully what you are referring to is no more than a benign tumor who's common name is called a button tumor. Oona had one on her foreleg (pasturn) when she was 2. It grew to the size of a dime within days. The vet took it off with a laser and it never came back. They are pretty common.
    BTW, Oona has something on her elbow,about the size of a pea. We were at the vet on the 2nd and he noticed it, he said it was nothing but if it started to grow we could take it off. Well this morning I noticed that it has gotten the size of a Milk Dud. We are going back in next Saturday for a follow up on an ear infection and we will get that taken off. :-\
    Thinking good thoughts for Ruger.
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oona's Dad, This is about the size of a golf ball, I think about the size???Was Oona's hard too? I've never heard of a button tumor, but I'm going to look it up..Thanks

georgie is offline Senior Member

No opinions on what it may be. Just wanted to send good thoughts & hope it is nothing serious. These labs seem to get those benign lumps. And it always happens on the weekend we we notice them.

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

No advice here, but I hope it's just a benign growth.

Mirabella is offline Senior Member

Mira got a hard lump on her right hind seemingly overnight. I was worried it was bone cancer, too but it turned out to be nothing - just some bony overgrowth. Xrays were done at the vets and he didn't think it was cancer but he sent the films to the vet school just to have a second opinion which I was glad he did just for the reassurance.
    Hope you will have the same experience.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Just wanted to say that I hope it's nothing serious. Sending good thoughts for Ruger.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

I so hope Ruger gets the same opinion as Mira had at the vets. I just drove over there to see if anyone was in today, just to make an appointment, but they don't open till tomorrow at 7:30. Needless to say we will be the first call and I will post here tomorrow to let you know what we found out. I'm saying prayers till then, It was exactly 2 years ago in January that Gunner was diagnosed with Spindle Cell, and I hope I never have to go thru that again....

Good thoughts for Ruger. My corgi had bone cancer and it started higher up on his leg near the knee joint. Just checked a couple of web-sites and they both said lameness is the first sign most of the time. The x-ray posted on the sites both showed it as a growth at the joint that you couldn't feel it would be to deep. My vet told me it was usually in the knee or thigh area so I wouldn't be as concerned over a lump on the paw/ankle area. I would of course get it checked tomorrow as I am a worry wart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast