Another dog walk,same questions
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another dog walk,same questions

DefaultAnother dog walk,same questions

We get asked at least twice a day while were walking Kanati if he is a weimer,just got back from our evening walk.We nicely tell them that he is a lab,they say that they have never heard or seen one that color.None the less they think he is adorable. They ask from what breeder and where we got him from.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nicole is offline Senior Member

With all due respect, what do you expect? Even the general public, for the most part, know that labs come in black, chocolate and yellow...hence the valid question about your boy. He is cute (all puppies are), but he'll continue to look more and more weim as he grows....the questions won't stop, so I hope you have a thick skin.

It does not bother me one bit. I just find it amusing that. There questions are very valid.But he is lab none the less.I think the more he grows the more of a lab he will look.Just the color throws everyone off. Hey if I wasnt already married,Kanati would be a great way to meet women lol lol. Just look at him,he looks like a lab cause he is a lab.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

Puppies = babe magnets....just one of those facts of life.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Whenever a single guy s getting a Lab and asks for name sugestions, I always suggest,Magnet. Because unless the dog never gets outside, he will be one.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

patm is offline Senior Member

I must say, that he does look more like a "lab" than most "silver labs" do. You're going to get questions all the time, and it would be a good time to educate people on "silver labs". Just remember that this a lab forum where people are very interested in what is good for the breed - I wouldn't push the silver lab stuff too much .....

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

It's hard for people to resist cute puppies on walks! I just got slobbered all over by a 3 month old pug earlier this week - so cute and tiny compared to our labs

Quote Originally Posted by rrubio View Post
    They ask from what breeder and where we got him from.
    I won't touch the silver issue but a breeder who let you have a puppy at 6 weeks is probably not the one you want to be giving extra business. Just something to think about as you get questions on your boy.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by YellowJakesMom View Post
    I won't touch the silver issue but a breeder who let you have a puppy at 6 weeks is probably not the one you want to be giving extra business. Just something to think about as you get questions on your boy.
    Exactly! Six weeks is too early to let a pup go from its mama.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

Dani is offline Senior Member

I hate to break in on the love fest...but the fact that you are bragging about having a "silver" lab and promoting a breeder that gave you a dog at 6 weeks and one that is not a true color of our illustrious breed is completely irresponsible of you. I am offended that you are on here bragging about this color and everyone is going goo-goo over a puppy that we all argue about any other time is incorrect.

Yes, the damage is done, and you now own this dog and you should love it no matter what, but do us all a favor, and really educate yourself and properly educate others that this is not an accepted color of lab.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

labby is offline Senior Member

What Nicole said and no, as he grows he'll look more and more like a Weim. Most of them do.

Laura

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast