Fund Drive Update 1/13/07

View Poll Results: How would you choose to distribute the excess JL funds?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donate a portion or all of the excess funds to a Lab organization of our choice

4 8.33%
  • Use the excess funds to upgrade the server for improved performance

25 52.08%
  • Apply the excess funds towards next year's hosting fees, no upgrades.

18 37.50%
  • Other (will reply with suggestion)

1 2.08%

Thread: Fund Drive Update 1/13/07

DefaultFund Drive Update 1/13/07

Thanks to the overwhelming support of our members we have reached and exceeded our fund drive goals for 2007. I would like to continue the fund drive through Friday, January 19th for anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to donate. With the excess funds we would be able to upgrade to a new VPS server with double the RAM (memory) and increase our available bandwidth substantially. This basically means we would see improvement in the performance of the forum as well as allow for increased traffic in the future. Before I make any decision on what to do with the excess funds, I wanted to allow members to voice their opinion. Other options include donating a portion to an Labrador organization of our choice or applying the excess funds toward hosting fees for 2008. Please feel free to add any other ideas or suggestions you may have.

Thanks!

Daniel
    Site Admin

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dare1969 Guest

DefaultRe: Fund Drive Update 1/13/07

I will make my donation on payday the 19th.

patm is offline Senior Member

I would like to see it applied to next years fees. If we see that we need upgrades this year, then apply it to that. I specifically did not intend for my donation to go anywhere else. I give several donations throughuot the year to groups of my choice. If my donation money for the forum goes outside of the forum, I will not support it again. Don't mean to sound harsh, but I feel strongly about this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

I agree with "patm".

My feeling is that the contributions to JL are to be sure that Daniel bears no financial burden by being so kind in maintaining/upgrading this forum.

I am not surprised and am very pleased at the generous and prompt response Daniel's annual forum fund drive has generated and think this response is indicative of how much we appreciate Daniel's hard work in keeping us all together in "cyber space. Kind of gives me the "warm fuzzies". ;D
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

The response has been wonderful!

I voted for server upgrades but would also support the excess going towards next years needs.

Thanks for all the hard work Daniel.