Examples to copy for photo portatit of Puff & me?

Thread: Examples to copy for photo portatit of Puff & me?

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultExamples to copy for photo portatit of Puff & me?

I'm sure I've seen on JL some portrait shots of an owner and Lab that I'd like to print out to show a photographer what I'd like her to do with shots of Puff and me. But I can't find them.

If you know of some examples of portrait photos of an owner & Lab you think are especially good please, would you list the link so I can print out a copy and tell her, "See, would you try for something like this?"

In my memory (sometimes fallible and fictitious) I thought I recalled a profile shot of an owner and Lab looking affectionately at each other, Lab with ears relaxed (not perked) against a blank neutral background.

That's what I'm thinking of but I'd also welcome examples of any other photos that in your opinion have especially nice poses that I might use for a portrait.

Thanks.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Examples to copy for photo portatit of Puff & me?

First of all, you are very brave to have your photo taken with Puff. I hate pictures taken of me

Do you want actual pictures for examples? That would take some diggin around the internet to find.

I think if you describe ideas to her and show her what you mean (pose with Puff) she will be able to shoot the pictures you want.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

First of all, you are very brave to have your photo taken with Puff. I hate pictures taken of me
    Not brave, maybe more like desperate? ;D I wish I'd thought to have this done with my beloved Bess [BF, AKC bench line (competing breeder), 55 lbs., 1967-81]; that would be nice to have. And I can't help but notice that with age I'm getting more wizened, gnarled, and wrinkly. So before it gets any worse, I thought now would be a better time.

Do you want actual pictures for examples? That would take some digging around the internet to find.
    Oh, gosh, Raian, I didn't want anyone to have to dig around that much.

I was sure (hoping) that some people already knew of some good examples that had been posted and could easily list a link for me (and any others) to look at.

BTW, your "bookend" shot of Ruger & Magnum in the field is SCRUMPTIOUS!!
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob, I really think if you work with the photographer, she can shoot you and Puff in many positions finding one that you will ultimately love. Oh, and don't worry too much about the wrinkles and gnarls, Photo Shop can work wonders Me and Monnie (buddysmom) are always improving our sagging jawlines, and touching up our wrinkles. I don't allow a picture of me to be posted online without a tweak or two

Personally, I prefer shots where the dog and human are basically on the same level, example, you seated on the ground next to Puff, or have Puff up on a table or platform and shoot the picture from the waist up so your head is closer in height to your dog's head. You could also have a set up where you are focused on the camera, but Puff is focused on you... sometimes putting a bite of cheese or a favorite treat in your mouth and teasing the dog with it a bit will draw the dog's attention up to your face long enough to get the shot.

Bob, check out this shot. It's of Susan and her husband Lew and Caleb. What I like about the shot is that the people are on the same level as the dog. I would have preferred to see Caleb looking in the same direction as Susan and Lew though.

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,28715.0.html

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Hey, Linda. Speaking for yourself. I don't have any stinking wrinkles. lol

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

One of the most gorgeous portraits I've ever seen was a black and white one of an English Setter, call-name "Hector," and handler Carlos Carrizo in the recent (Jan 5th?) issue of the AKC Dog News (I think that is what it is called? It is a large- not thick, but like 11x14"?) magazine. I just saw it last week at a show in Palm Springs. Incredible photograph!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon