Simon at Rally Show n Go tonight

Thread: Simon at Rally Show n Go tonight

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultSimon at Rally Show n Go tonight

Well, as you may remember, I am putting most of my eggs in the Simon basket for January's trials.

So tonight Simon went to his second-ever Rally Show n Go for a pulse check. He has been in a Rally ring one other time, and will be in a Rally ring only two more times before the show. I am starting to wonder if this was a bit too ballsy when I think of it like this.

The only problem we seemed to have was standing around outside the ring waiting to go in. Simon was SUPER stoked to be there and had a deep psychological need to try to engage every dog he saw in a game of "Roll Around On The Floor With Me." : The game was not even limited to dogs, now that I think about it. He had Abby, the 13-year-old daughter of Beth (the other Lab owner at our club) on the floor licking her all over her face while I was trying to buy her Girl Scout cookies. :-\ He knocked over a ring gate in the process.

However, once in the ring he was just fine. He's such a compliant little man. He knows all the exercises...even quite a few of the advanced exercises. So, once you could tear him away from his potential playmates, he was very nice to be with in the ring. Not as attentive or as flashy as Angus, but like I've always said about him, he gets the job done. olice:

I'm a little nervous about what getting him into the show will be like, and Thursday and Friday I will be without my dog caddy. But we can go down and set up Wednesday night, so all I will have to do is get in with the dog. I think I will take EVERYTHING but the dog and a leash and just leave it in his crate.

Angus' first night of Level 4 was last night, and he did surprisingly well for not having been to class in a few weeks. Shocking really. No terrible monkey business at all. ??? It sort of made me a bit wistful...where is my monkey? Did Angus just LAY DOWN between exercises? ???

Oh well. It will be interesting to see what happens at the trials. I'm excited!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Simon at Rally Show n Go tonight

That's cool that Simon can go from wild and crazy one minute to poised and focused the next. I was just talking to someone about my friend's Doberman who is definitely CRAZY. The other person said "I've never seen a dog so unattentive (he leaps and bounces while working and between exercises) work so well" so take heart, you aren't the only one with a crazy dog.

sloigo is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a few extra treats are in order for everyone! ;D Good job boys, keep it up!
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

NIce job. Curley!!

Don't know much about Rally shows, but sounded good and I LOVE your card at the bottom of your post...Awesome!

;D

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

That's cool!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

WTG Simon!!!!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

WTG "Curly"!!! I love that one minute Simon can be rolling around on the floor and the next be in the ring going through the exercises!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence