Golden Retriever Club of America's response to doodles...long but worth reading! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golden Retriever Club of America's response to doodles...long but worth reading!

DefaultRe: Golden Retriever Club of America's response to doodles...long but worth reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr.
    For example, when a Lab and Poodle are crossed, the resulting first generation litter is called F?. When F? Labradoodles are mated with other F? Labradoodles, the resulting second generation litters are F?. But INSTEAD of looking like the F? parents, some of the F? pups look more like Labs, some more like poodles, and some with bits and pieces of both. I think they were never able to get a stable, consistent "Labradoodle" breed with certain characteristics. And that would include the "no shedding". ;D
    I think that is the only thing that was left out of the response...the inability to reproduce consistant results. Bravo to the GR club. I still need to read the Lab/Poodle version.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Golden Retriever Club of America's response to doodles...long but worth reading!

My apologies for the "F?" references which initially appeared in my posts before I corrected them.

My Mac/Safari computer/browser allowed me to write an F(subscript 1 or 2) and it appeared correctly to me in "preview" mode. Unfortunately, in "save" mode, those numerical subscripts were replaced by "?"

I've since corrected my original posts by replacing subscripted 1 0r 2 with full size numerals since subscripts are not available.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Amen & THANK YOU! Well written, well said. Bravo!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Der

Nice. Just saw a Golden Doodle at the dog park.

I've never seen a golden-doodle before but I have heard of them. I don't understand why people would want to mix dog breeds, don't they understand that this isn't improving the dog but making things worse instead? If they are not doing the proper research and testing needed on these dogs before breeding them then they are no better then backyard breeders anyhow. I loved reading this and agree with it 100%. It's good to see that they are willing to stand up for their breed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12