Speaking of Dog Parks, Check out our new one that's about to open.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Dog Parks, Check out our new one that's about to open.

DefaultSpeaking of Dog Parks, Check out our new one that's about to open.

Duke and Freckles can't wait. Our number one ranked Millie Bush Bark Park is about to be surpassed by this new facility. 35 acres, huge lake, paths, agility equipment and lots of big trees for summer shade. It should be open in a couple of months.
    Here is a link to an article and photos.
    http://www.houstondogpark.org/news5.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Speaking of Dog Parks, Check out our new one that's about to open.

Wow I'm impressed. I wish we had something like that around here. Our dog park is just two , two acre enclosed areas. Nothing to entertain. I love the pond. Man I am jealous.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

What a beautiful dog park!!

I wish they would convert one of our golf courses into a dog park. :-\

I wonder if more people own dogs than golf?
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I wonder if more people own dogs than golf?
    My guess is yes, by far. Just think of the number of people who could be served per acre with a dog park as opposed to a golf course. The County Commissioner here who is developing our parks conceded that the dog parks attract more visitors than any other county park.

Wow. It looks like I am moving to Houston. Our dog park isn't that nice by any measure.

ThatsMyGirl Guest

That is amazing. I live in one of the "richest" counties in the country. Yet you should see what we get for a dog park. Chain link fence, crushed stone on the ground, and not a tree in the place. A whopping (are you sitting?) 2 acres w/ 1/2 an acre for the little guys. Not even running water. It's awful. And having lived in Houston (twice) I'm very jealous! I'm thinking this place might even be near one of my old homes -- it was on Dairy Ashford. Am I right, is this close? (I'll end my pity party now)

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

That's awesome. I really wish we had something like that near me.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

That's awesome. We have a really nice park, but I wish ours was as well maintained as it looks like this one will be.

Oh wow!! That looks soooo nice. I wish there's a dog park like that near by..
    I love the pond!

That looks so awesome. I wish Louisville was as dedicated to it's dogs. There is only one "Dog Park" that I know of now and it's on the very outskirts of the city on the opposite side to me so I've never been there. There is one other park that people let their dogs run off leash but it's not fenced and I don't trust Mocha that much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast