Recent Walks

Thread: Recent Walks

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRecent Walks

well, my Tal is almost 6 months and for about the last week he has been very good on walks...he has not pulled like he used to unless he has to potty like right then. He still does get distracted some but for the most part he stays by my side. Last night we walked up the sidewalk of a moderately busy street and he ahs gotten to where he doesnt want to lunge tward cars anymore. He will look and appear like he wants to but re-focuses on our walk. I am very pleasantly surprised and tonight he might pull like he is pulling a carriage, but I figured it would be months before he reached this point. I have and still use the flat collar and just stop dead when he tries to pull.

Also, the last two days when we go out to play fetch, he sees the kids on the school playground just down the yard and he will look then turn and bring the retrieved object to me. That really surprised me because he has always darted towards the kids before. Now when Sparticus comes out to play that is another matter..lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Recent Walks

Awwwww, ain't it grand when they start to grow up and behave (at least sometimes)?

Way to GO Tal!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

You good boy

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belles mom
    Awwwww, ain't it grand when they start to grow up and behave (at least sometimes)?
    yeah it is. I am so proud of him and man I love that dog. I knew we would bond well but I had no idea humans and dogs could bond this strongly. I know many of you (if not all) have the same experience. It is really cool.