Sad... the neighbor dogs... :(

Thread: Sad... the neighbor dogs... :(

DefaultSad... the neighbor dogs... :(

I feel bad for the dogs across the street, even though the male is vicious and did bite Roxy's lip >. They have a huge back yard (Im so jealous, mine is teeny) and it has a big black iron gate around it, and for the past year the dogs were given free range of the yard, recently they made a big dog kennel in the far corner of the property, they put their bowls and 2 dogloo's in there. But theres no grass, and they dont let the dogs out...ever. And well because of that, they're basically living in their potty, they never clean out that place, its so gross, I dont even walk by that area because the smell is HORRIBLE.
    I wish I could call animal control, but because they have "adequate food and shelter" they won't come out. There's no association so theres no one to complain about the smell to, although I think if they keep the place filthy like that the smell will waft into our front yard I'll have to make a report to SOMEONE. I feel so bad for them

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sad... the neighbor dogs... :(

:-\ What a horrible situation.

Some people freaking tick me off. I can not understand why they treat living breathing creatures like that.
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Kathryn Guest

EWW!! Id call your animal control and see about the smell issue I know here you have to pick up your poo!! The worst they can tell you is that you just wasted 15 seconds of your life. It might give them a kick in the pants to just go and check on the poor dogs. No animal should have to live like that EVER!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Aww Di that sux I would call animal control for sure just see what they say. There has to be something they can do

I am faced with a similar situation.My neighbor has a poodle and a greyhound outside.Both are on a chain inside a fence.They only go out to feed and water them.The city I live in was talking about making a law to where dogs can not be outside between 11pm and 7 am.That would be such a good law to enact.

Samson is offline Senior Member

Don't you have an Environmental Health Department within your local authority ?

Dog doodies are a health hazard

Quote Originally Posted by samson
    Don't you have an Environmental Health Department within your local authority ?

Dog doodies are a health hazard
    That may be an idea call the health department they may be able to do something about the smell especially if there is a stream or water drainage near by that the fecees could drain into.

My inlaws have neighbors with a similar set up they have to whit huskies they keep penned up 24/7 back there they even have the same igloo things for them. It dosn't stink though I think they keep it cleaned up but it's just dirt and they are white dogs some times their fur just looks horrible and all matted since it's long.