Sweet Kitty

Thread: Sweet Kitty

DefaultSweet Kitty

Since we lost Colonel this last weekend, my son hasn't been able to go to sleep unless Lobo is in the bed with him. Lobo is 9, he's not old but he's not young. He is set in his ways and although a lot of those ways seem more canine then cat he can still pull the whole cat act too.

Well, I guess he has noticed that we need a little extra love this week and he has made attempts to comfort us. He has allowed me to drag his butt into my son's room each night and he patiently sits with him until he is asleep. I do get pretty dirty looks when I do this though. Tonight my son had his lizard out and Rayquaza was eating meal worms and running around his room when I walked in. Lobo shot into the room because it was around bed time.

Thankfully, SU was sitting on the floor with my son and the lizard so he was able to shoe Lobo out. Lobo wasn't too stressed about it, he went over to the doorway and sat down. Then he waited until Rayquaza went into his vivarium, waited until my son had washed his hands, brushed his teeth, had his story and then when everything was done, he walked into the room and jumped onto the bed, curled up next to my son and went to sleep. I was so touched that he was waiting for his nightly routine of comforting my son that I gave him a few extra kisses(my son as well as the cat) and Lobo will get his favourite treat when he comes down, an extra helping of wet cat food.

I thought I would share this with everyone. It just illustrates how special animals are.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Sweet Kitty

AWWWW that is so sweet!

ThatsMyGirl Guest

Awww, that is a sweet kitty!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

They really are part of the family. Thanks for sharing.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Sweet. Our pets' sensitivity is really remarkable, isn't it.

Seamus and Flynn

georgie is offline Senior Member

That is a very sweet story. I think animals can sense things & maybe he knows your son needs him now.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you've got a very sweet kitty on your hands.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)