So nice to be back into obedience classes

Thread: So nice to be back into obedience classes

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultSo nice to be back into obedience classes

Moose is doing so great in our class. It is so much fun and he is such a star! I just signed him up for a "Come when called" class to augment our training and will then use what I learn to work with Sky as well. I signed Sky up for the class I've got Moose in right now which is Novice Obedience. Moose and I will start a Pet Therapy class hopefully in Feb. and I will follow that path with him. Sky I hope to move into agility and try to get my son interested (if he isn't that is okay, I'll do it). I'm hoping she won't be too skiddish for agility. She tends to shy away from things - you just never know what it might be. It is just so great. Now if I could ever figure out to get Moose to stop the barking at home I'd have the perfect dog! (Well sort of if you don't count the counter surfing and poop eating - Theo you are not alone).
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: So nice to be back into obedience classes

glad to hear things are going so well

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

I'm thinking about doing a class with Dutch. He knows some basics and he hates them!! lol ... you should see that poor dog when I tell him to sit and down. He looks whipped and all I've said is "Dutch sit"!
    I'm thinking a class with other doggies will perk his interest a little more.
    Hope you guys have fun!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I should get Mocha into another class too she loves going and does great in them. It gives us some quality time working together that I don't make time for if we're not in a class. Unfortunately I can't afford to keep her in one all the time but I should do a class every other session or so just to stay with it. I'd like to do something with Mocha too either agility or therapy but she's very skiddish around anything new I'm not sure how she'd do with it.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

That sounds like a good plan for both of them! Sky may surprise you in agility...Simon could be skittish too, especially when he first came home, but SEVERAL times our trainer mentioned how "fearless" he was about things. He really blossomed in that class.

We start back tonight, with Angus in Level 4. Wish me luck! He has not set foot in school in over two months. He is going to be MAJORLY excited.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever