nm

Thread: nm

Defaultnm

nm

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Submissive pee'ing or ??...

Dutch will be 3 in a few months and he STILL does this on occasion. Usually, it's right after playing or when I first get home and he's excited. I can't tell you the times I've said "DUTTTTTTTTCHHHHHHHHH". Bailey is still young so hopefully she will outgrow it or it will calm down as she gets used to having a new sister and unlimited playtime. I'm with you, don't think it's a UTI, but you might run a sample to the vet just to ease your own mind. Good luck!!

Dani is offline Senior Member

the thing about introducing a new dog to the house hold is that there is going to be upheaval. You have to make time to spend with each dog separately and together. Let them work out the order of the pack. Unless you catch her "leaking" there should be no mention of it. If she starts, say NO and take her outside. We had a foster who did this to garner more attention. As long as you and your SU are each taking a dog seperately and then playing with them together...to ensure that there is lots of love for both of them...it will continue as a problem.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Do you think it might be an incontinence problem? Oakley would dribble when she was laying down, she has a weak sphincter which is the flap that closes the bladder. She is on meds for it now and it is soooo much better.

Vanis...I agree with you. I am 99.9% sure this is a matter of her being a very young pup and excitement.

My dog, now 10 months is finally able to hold it a decent length.

Like you, he never went at night in his crate and was making it through the night by 11 weeks old. Excitement was the key to him having to go. Whether it was me coming home and him peeing (do not scold this - just let it happen), or him eating his dinner, or playing with a ball for 5 minutes - it just made him have to go.

If he was calm and in the crate for 4 hours - no issue ever.

He is now 10 months and finally able to hold it longer. He can go a couple of hours now, but just a month ago, I was still having to take him out every hour and sometimes more if excitement was involved. Its been about 1:45 min since I last took him out (home from work today), but I know if I took out a ball right now, he will have to go soon after, if I do not take the ball out, I have another hour!

Some dogs just take a long time...very long time.

Good Luck