Your labs name
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your labs name

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

DefaultYour labs name

How did your dog get its name?
    I love all the fun names the labs have and sometimes I wonder where the names came from?

Elias is named after Willem Dafoe's character, Sargent Elias, in the movie Platoon. My husband loves that movie and especially loves that character. He used to say if we had a son he'd want to name him Elias, I wasn't crazy about it :
    Then when we decided to get a dog I suggested we call the dog Elias!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Your labs name

lol Sam smart idea... Can't name the baby after the DOG now can we?

Emma was named by Katie. She saw some movie that she liked the name.

Jeffrey named Aidan. He went through his pedigree and saw ther were lots of Irish names- (his Dad is Seamus) so he wanted to stick with that theme. Aidan means "Little Fire" and it seemed to describe him perfectly from what Labby told us about him.
    His AKC name is " Kelrobin's Yellow Brick Road" because Jeffrey is a Wicked nut and Aidan is yellow! And he calls Emma, Elphaba all the time :

I love all the names on here too. Bandit got his name from the movie "smokey and the bandit". (SU loves that movie) We will be getting a black lab sometime in the future and his name will be smokey! LOL

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Okay the breeder named Lizzie, we were going to change her name to either Molly, Lucy, Holly, Ruby or Katie... we decided to stick with Lizzie, I was pleased as one of my fave characters is Lizzie from Pride and Prejudice.

frenchie is offline Senior Member

Soleil is named that way because we wanted something related to his color (yellow) and I'm French (Soleil means "sun" in French), plus he really was like a little sun coming to our lives. Turned out that he's a real sunbathing dog ;D, so all is good.
    Also, his grandmother had "sunshine" in her name so that worked even better.
    His full CKC name is "Rayon de soleil" (ray of sunlight).

I adopted Autumn in the fall and she is the same color as autumn leaves.

My brother served in Iraq when the war started he's a Marine. I wanted something military but Colonel, Major, Sargeant..just didn't fit so somebody suggest Gunny...short for Gunnery Sgt.

Mybabymambo Guest

When you walk into the room with Mambo he has a major case of wiggle butt. Almost looks like he is dancing so I started thinking of names that were dances, than I loved the puppy smell, I told Jerome there wasnt a better smell. Jerome has a colagne called Mambo. I thought it fit perfect. I have never meet another Mambo yet

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

I was going to name her either Emma, Ella, or Brigetta and she came to Brigetta, so I went with it. I got the name from the Sound of Music- Brigitta. When I was looking up the meaning (strong) I noticed it was also spelled Brigetta and I liked it.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

pj

theo's named after theodore of the "Chipmunks" since he was the chubby, sweet, happy go lucky one of the 3, and all of those adjectives seemed to fit him.

plus, i found out theodore means "divine gift" which was perfect, b/c that's what he's been to me.

My husband wanted to name Mercedez Mercury (he has 2 outboard Mercury motors on his boat) We compromised and named her Mercedez (more ladylike) and her nickname is Mercs (his 2 boat motors). Everyone is happy! Turns out she has cost as almost as much as a Mercedes would have with all her hip issues. LOL Austin, just wanted a country type name and my favorite song at the time we got her was Austin by Blake Shelton! Kiah, we were told before we picked her up that she was an Aussie X. Looked up Australian names and came up with Kiah "from the beautiful place" Little did we know that she was really a Catahoula Leopard Dog. The name still fits her perfectly!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast